Accelerator Acquisitions Accelerate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator Acquisitions Accelerate!

So, I think I'm gonna go for collecting them all.

D3 - Stack In a Box
    EQ6 - Equalizer
    SC7 - Stereo Chorus
    F4 - Flanger
    AD9 - Analog Delay

I need a knob for the level on the EQ, but...they happen to appear to be exactly the same as the ones on a Behringer EQ700, so no problem getting one of those to replace. I have an extra Flanger because I picked one up super cheap and I'm using it to scavenge parts.

Still need the Compressor, Distortion, Phaser, and the very elusive "Hand Clap"

Click image for larger version

Name:	es_84_02-63.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	6171698
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I am curious about how the phaser sounds, and how it compares to classic phasers like the Small Stone (my fav) and Phase 90. Also curious about the difference between the Distortion and the SiaB,
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just seen this on CL the other day. Goes with the theme and can never sound bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I am curious about how the phaser sounds, and how it compares to classic phasers like the Small Stone (my fav) and Phase 90. Also curious about the difference between the Distortion and the SiaB,
        I'm guessing similar to any two knob compressor. Got a specific one in mind from that era or before?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I'm guessing similar to any two knob compressor. Got a specific one in mind from that era or before?
          You mean phaser?

Comment

You mean phaser?
            Sorry - yes, Phaser

Comment

Haha, those remind me of those plastic housed off brand pedals that emerged in the early 90s -especially because of the industrial design/finishes.

Im sure they sound fine.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                You should see if you can track down the pedal board shown in that ad. You’d be the Accelerator ****in’ Master.
                Those are $300+ if you can find one....last I saw. Probably more now. The tweed baffles me though with the industrial motif of the pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                  Haha, those remind me of those plastic housed off brand pedals that emerged in the early 90s -especially because of the industrial design/finishes.

Im sure they sound fine.
                  Nope - Metal and sturdy AF

Comment

Nope - Metal and sturdy AF
                    yeah, they still remind me -because the industrial design is so similar.... the switch plate is plastic right? sort of like version 3 DODs or is that metal too?
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

You mean phaser?
                      Well, some phasers have a 'lump' in the swoosh, and some don't. I tend to like the Nano Stone, but I've used others. I don't like a lot of stages, either...2 is great, 4 is the max....anything after that, it sounds too much like a Flanger or Leslie to me.

Comment

Knobs are Depth and Speed

But what do you really need on a phaser?

Speed?
                        Depth?
                        Level?
                        More?

Comment

Speed?
                          Depth?
                          Level?
                          More?
                          Depth and speed are all I need. Actually, just speed. A level knob can help make up some gain, as a phaser's signal can be quieter when it is on.

Comment

See - I always would like a Level to fade it into just the right spot....but I like that on a lot of pedals.

Like reverb - give me a big cavern, but only blended in a little.

Comment

Speed?
                              Depth?
                              Level?
                              More?

If I only get one Phaser, I'll take 'Speed', 'Depth', 'Resonance', and 'Level' please.

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                              X