Harley Benton launches new Double Pedal series dual guitar effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Benton launches new Double Pedal series dual guitar effects

If their effects are as good as their guitars I am very interested in hearing these pedals. They are retailing for around ~$70 from what I can tell. The drum machine looper could be fun. The effects are stackable which makes the Evil Twin also very interesting to me, I love gain staging.

"What’s better than a high-quality guitar effect in a pedal?" asks Harley Benton with its latest product announcement. The answer, it tells us is "Two high-quality guitar effects in a single pedal!". That's exactly what HB is setting out to provide with its latest release, the Double Pedal range which features six double-duty stompers.

Sticking with the 'double' theme, the six pedals all feature names that signify their dual-purpose. There's the Evil Twin (Analogue Overdrive/Tubedrive), Duality (Reverb/Delay, Double Vision (Analogue Tremolo/Chorus), Twoface (Analogue Overdrive/Tremolo), plus the acoustic-voiced Sugar & Spice (Digital Reverb/Delay & Chorus), and Double Jammer (Drum Machine/Looper).

This kind of thing is really a great idea. I would think we'd start seeing more double pedals from other compnies, too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

More like double switches than pedals...lol. It's 15 years too late. Ibanez did it years ago with Jemini, which rumored to be DS-1 and TS9. Boss was even earlier.

Comment

Maybe it is the right time now.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Still waiting for a good Vibrato / Tremolo pedal...

Comment

Lots of gear snobs hate it, when a economiclal friendly company makes great innovative gear, that's better or as good as the classics or the trendy new "guru gear " .
            I call it the " Carvin Syndrome " .

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post
              Still waiting for a good Vibrato / Tremolo pedal...
              The Carl Martin Tremovibe doesn’t do it for you?

Comment

I wonder if the switch in the middle changes the order of how the signal in the pedal like A to B or B to A? Not sure how many double pedals have that feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post
                  I wonder if the switch in the middle changes the order of how the signal in the pedal like A to B or B to A? Not sure how many double pedals have that feature.
                  That seems to be the function. It also looks to be able to go A-B or B-A. I am very interested in the Evil Twin. Using one side as my overdrive and the other as a boost could save board real estate.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                    More like double switches than pedals...lol. It's 15 years too late. Ibanez did it years ago with Jemini, which rumored to be DS-1 and TS9. Boss was even earlier.

I remember those, the Steve Vai Ibanez double distortion " Swirl "pedal was great, double gain stack, great for subtracting or adding drive and distortion to a guitars tone.

I tried to load an image of my late 1968 Univox Univibe, but the server won't let me.
                    wish, that unit had a way to combine both Vibrato and Phaser .
                    Last edited by maug2122; 07-20-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                      X