banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new pedalboard, this litterally does it all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GX-100 doesn't have a built in poly tuner? My GT-1000 does.

Comment

well, I switched it around and I found a glitch happening with the polytune!
      I do like it this way better, thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        The GX-100 doesn't have a built in poly tuner? My GT-1000 does.
        it does and I might start using it again if the Polyune does not play nice with the GX.

Comment

Allright, I swapped it around and replaced the Polytune with a KOT clone. There was no issue with it after all, turned out to be the wrong send/return settings on the Boss GX.
          The Bogner first in the chain is genius. Thanks so much for that!

Comment

Interesting, I would put the Bogner in the loop of the GX, but I like wah, phase, flange, before the preamp. When I use a preamp with my GT-1k I put it in the loop, I've always used mfx units that way, their buffer in the Boss should be fine for the signal, just make sure to set you input and loop levels correctly (I assume the GX has adjustable levels).

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              Interesting, I would put the Bogner in the loop of the GX, but I like wah, phase, flange, before the preamp. When I use a preamp with my GT-1k I put it in the loop, I've always used mfx units that way, their buffer in the Boss should be fine for the signal, just make sure to set you input and loop levels correctly (I assume the GX has adjustable levels).
              My inital set up was like that too.

It was fine when I ran it through the loop of the GX too, that way it's definitely more flexible. I'm not even sure if its placebo or not but I can swear its a little bit more alive now. can't explain it.

I used to have a GT-1 but that was before I had the Bogner. The GT-1 is a great unit, very underrated. I used it both home and live and it served me well. Then the GX came out and its just better in every way.

One might wonder if the FX loop would add some more AD/DA conversion to the signal? That could affect the signal in a bad way if noticeable at all. But I dont think I want to go down that rabbit hole :P If it works Im happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post
                One might wonder if the FX loop would add some more AD/DA conversion to the signal? That could affect the signal in a bad way if noticeable at all. But I dont think I want to go down that rabbit hole :P If it works Im happy.
                You don't have to wonder, yes, it does, everything in the GX/GT (and Helix, Axe-Fx, Headrush, etc...) is digital so it has to convert the signal to process it. Whether it is noticeable or not ???
                Last edited by devastone; 07-27-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X