banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about this pedal Nobels ODR-1 Overdrive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a great fan of the EHX Allied Overdrive;

I use it for most things except bass guitar; as it has a low-cut (around 100hz).

Very versatile, powerful EQ and three transistor stages + footswitchable mosfet "boost" (that sounds very round and warm).

Also has a "blend" control, and can be used in stereo .

-E
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

the allied overdrive is a cool pedal, but quite different than the nobels

Comment

Wanted to drop out a thanks to all who replied here. Went in the end with a Wampler Belle to get more bass control for humbucker guitars. For the first time in many many years I now have a mid gain tone that I'm happy with with the little Belle. Haven't found a dirt pedal in years that I was really comfortable using until I stared looking at the Nobels and clones. Love the original OD 1's i have played with single coils but found them muddy with humbuckers at times. The little Belle however with the additional controls really hits the spot for me.
        Here is a clip from last Sunday with the little Belle through my PRS MT 15 head clean. The guitar is my 2017 Kiesel DC with their Marks Singles and Beryllium bridge here I'm running pos 2 with the Beryllium split with the Marks single in the middle.
        First time in many years I have a dirt box on my board I really like playing through by itself on a clean channel! I am using a boss CS 3 for a little lead boost here and only a little verb in the loop.

Last edited by Ascension; 03-06-2023, 08:02 PM.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

How does the spectrum knob work?

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post
            How does the spectrum knob work?
            Here is a pretty good demo of the Belle. I really like this little pedal for the edge of breakup to mid gain tones through the clean side of both my PRS heads.

Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I thought I was about done with buying new stuff, but now I'm GAS'ing for that ODR-1. Sounds like a cool pedal, and not all that expensive.

Comment

Working...
              X