The H90 Harmonizer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I would say not superior but very different. Some of the Crush Station Overdrives are a bit for lack of another word untraditional. A lot of the Crush Station algorithms are not based on traditional gain tones. I was using the Sag Harbor patch which simulates an amp or dirt stomp that is underpowered. My singer asked me if my amp was broken. The Fra Diablo I mentioned is a very traditional high-gain overdrive and one I use a bit. However, the library in Crush Station is not extremely deep. My Source Audio Classic Distortion Pro gives me more options. Helix will have many more options and will be more likely to have something that really scratches your itch.
    That makes sense, thanks! I didn’t make the connection between the pedal and the plug-in until now that you mentioned the Crush Station.

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Here you go

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
          If you have experience with both, do you think also the overdrives of the H90 are superior to Helix sounds?
          Well, no one is going to tell you that any digital effect is "superior" in "quality" to Eventide -they are pretty much the most respected company in that regard in the history of professional audio.

It's more preference. Helix has some great sounds and many that may be more what someone is looking for or vice versa

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Well, no one is going to tell you that any digital effect is "superior" in "quality" to Eventide -they are pretty much the most respected company in that regard in the history of professional audio.

It's more preference. Helix has some great sounds and many that may be more what someone is looking for or vice versa
            No doubt. That said, for me it’s different adding reverb to a movie vs a tubescreamer sound I don’t think Helix can touch Eventide in the former but I don’t know if Eventide had interest in the latter.
            Last edited by Blille; 01-03-2023, 04:03 PM.

Comment

My favorite basic factory program so far as a basis for tweaking is "Dark Pulse". which is the algorithms "Weedwacker and Harmadillo" in series

gorgeous (2 stage Overdrive) into Harmonic Trem.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Another great video explaining the H90

Comment

Well, I starting a string of gigs and decided not to bring the H90 yet, I feel like if something went wrong I'm not proficient with it enough to troubleshoot in seconds. need anouther couple weeks playing with it to feel good -So the next couple performances will be with H9

Comment

So, how are the H90s going?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                      So, how are the H90s going?
                      Don't have mine yet, I was going to reach out today to get an ETA.

Comment

Don't have mine yet, I was going to reach out today to get an ETA.
                        Good luck! I saw one for sale on TGP if you’re impatient

Comment

You can. You can put it in front, or in between algorithms or after...

Also, and and all of the loops and algorithms can be run in parallel path or series.

The thing is incredible.
                          So conceivably you could run Tricerachorus or Micropitch in one slot, Ultratap in a second slot and a reverb pedal in the loop and have all running in parallel a la Bradshaw racks?
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

So conceivably you could run Tricerachorus or Micropitch in one slot, Ultratap in a second slot and a reverb pedal in the loop and have all running in parallel a la Bradshaw racks?
                            exactly, not only is it the most powerful multi fx pedal -its a mini bradshaw system

Comment

exactly, not only is it the most powerful multi fx pedal -its a mini bradshaw system
                              Do you have the Tricerachorus algorithm? If so, can you check to see if it has the same detune that the stand alone pedal version has?
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Do you have the Tricerachorus algorithm? If so, can you check to see if it has the same detune that the stand alone pedal version has?
                                Glad to -I'll put them side by side today and get back.

Every other algorithm I use so far has been the same ported over

Comment

Working...
                                X