banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio Signal Through My Rig..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Signal Through My Rig..................

Hey all, I was tweaking some presets on my HXStomp and for the first time ever on this rig, I started receiving radio signals in my signal path. I suspected it might be my outboard compressor, so when I bypassed the pedal, the radio signal quit. How can I get my compressor to behave correctly? There is a trimpot in the compressor pedal, but I don't have a clue what it does. Have you any ideas? Thanks.

Nevermind. I went to play my guitar again and the radio reception just disappeared. I don't understand it and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Comment

It's most likely still there and the compressor was just turning it up so you could hear it. Any coils/transformers in the signal path, like pickups or a varitone circuit, or coily cable could be functioning like an antenna. But it's most likely there are other problems, like shorts or other circuit problems, enabling the coils to work that way IME. Can even happen if a cable isn't completely plugged in.

Comment

I use to be able to pick up a Russian broadcast on colder winter nights, turns out it was just my old crappy cable.

Comment

Somebody needs to get some Hum Eliminators, a buffer and Power Conditioners .
          I live by a Police Substation and an Airport 2 and half miles away .
          I got those three things and my interference problems vanished .

Comment

I've had cheap cables do the very same thing. In fact, I was able to 'tune' into different radio stations just by moving the cable!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X