NPD: Fulltone Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Fulltone Content

I bought a Fulltone Full Drive II for $80 ($60 USD) shortly after its founder made a comment on current events that wasn't received well and flooded the used market with Fulltone pedals for a short period. It's a great Tube screamer style OD and while I've never been fond of pedal dirt in general, I felt like it was a good opportunity to give it a chance. I used it for awhile and liked it, but didn't love it. Over time I accepted it was a good pedal but wasn't the flavour I wanted. Recently I dug up my long neglected DS-1 and plugged it in. It confirmed what I already knew, if I'm going to use a stompbox for distortion, it needs to be a JCM800 type pedal.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221204_040434376.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	6209367

A few days ago I listed the Full Drive II on the online classifieds specifying I wanted to trade for an OCD in the listing. Within a couple hours I get a message from a OCD owner who was happy to trade. Tonight we made the exchange. Thanks Boss DS1, I hope you enjoyed the week you spent on the pedal board. Now back to paper weight duties!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221207_024400744.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	6209368

This is a version 4 pedal, made in 2019. It sounds amazing and is super responsive to picking dynamics. Don't know why I got a Full Drive and not a OCD 2 years ago but live and learn. All's well that ends well.
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

I still love the FD2. If you are using a Marshall, your swap makes a lot of sense. The OCD pairs particularly well with a Marshall and a FD2 pairs well with a Fender.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I loved my OCD, really useful pedal

Comment

Working...
      X