Rockman X100-love this thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockman X100-love this thing!

I just had mine fully re-capped. Cant get enough of the 80s tone. I actually have it through sort of a "ghetto" rig through one of my stereos via the headphone output jack into an RCA. Actually works pretty damn good-I can play right along with albums through adjacent speakers. I put a Boss SD-1 in front, total 80s classic metal distortion (Sanctuary, Def Leppard Hysteria, Megadeth So Far so good and so many others).
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

I bought one of the original X100s myself last year. I love the sound of it, but mine needs a bot of service work. Whom did you send yours to?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
        I bought one of the original X100s myself last year. I love the sound of it, but mine needs a bot of service work. Whom did you send yours to?

Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
        Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

I'm actually skeptical about all the recapping that goes on with these things. I think many guys unnecessarily recap these whether they need it or not just to claim they are 'restored, like new' and raise the price when they sell. I have 2 X-100s, a Soloist and a Bass Rockman; half of mine have the original caps and they sound just fine, despite the claims that the caps couldn't possibly be good after all these years. The ones that were recapped are the ones that have all the issues now, like switches all gunked up from someone 'servicing' the unit. But if it works, then it works.

Someday, I'd like to get around to building a Shockman clone.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Shockman
            For that Ace Frehley in a box tone!

Gain: ALIVE / ALIVE II....JCM 800 classic and a goosed one.
            Effects: Reverb / Reverb + Flanger / Flanger ....Reverb for most leads, Flanger for Rocket ride or Dr. Love, and Reverb + Flanger for a little solo spice like in Shock Me.

Sign me up for one!!!!

Seriously; Let's talk about building this!

Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

For that Ace Frehley in a box tone!

Gain: ALIVE / ALIVE II....JCM 800 classic and a goosed one.
              Effects: Reverb / Reverb + Flanger / Flanger ....Reverb for most leads, Flanger for Rocket ride or Dr. Love, and Reverb + Flanger for a little solo spice like in Shock Me.

Sign me up for one!!!!

Seriously; Let's talk about building this!

It's a full Rockman using modern components, so much smaller, but improved lower noise floor.

Comment

OK - that is a seriously busy guitar. That said, pretty cool.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Well, you can fit it outboard in an Altoids box, so mini-pedalboard-friendly.

I don't think it's far-fetched to create an Ace Frehley version by tweaking the components and sounds. We're just talking a MIAB and some very common effects. The key is altering the EQ and compression to better sound and respond like a full Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                  X