EXP pedal for multiple devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXP pedal for multiple devices

I want to use my EXP to control multiple devices. Could I use a Y cord or an A/B switch? I am currently using a MOOG EP2.

Has anyone done or tried this?

What devices are you going to control? At the same time or separately? (Like you are going to map the delay feedback and reverb time to the same sweep…)

Is MIDI an option?

If both devices are looking for the same value (say 25K) then an A/B would definitely work. Depending on the devices the splitter could work great or not at all. Some just plug the pedal
    in like a pot (so you’d be opening the circuit to the other device) and others kind of “read” the value, turn that into digital info and process it that way. So a Y splitter might be great or they might crosstalk or not work at all.

the Boss EV-30 has dual outputs which will work. And of course Mission has the Expressionator which is the Lexus/Cadillac (maybe Bentley) version that will
    do any expression you’d ever want or need.
    Last edited by PFDarkside; 01-17-2023, 01:26 PM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

My first thought is using MIDI. Also, Mission made a pedal (I use one) that has a wah-type toe switch. Control one device, and when you want to switch over, click the switch. I think it is called the SP-2.
      Thru Tone makes an expensive exp pedal called the EXP-ULT built into an Ernie Ball pedal, which uses their 'kick switch' to switch between devices, too (look at the bottom of that web page).
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You could always sub in the same value pot for dual wiper lugs to isolate them on an existing Expression Pedal
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          What devices are you going to control? At the same time or separately?
          My H9 and my MOOG, the EXP pedal works on them individually. Although it might be cool to control them at the same time for my general purposes it would be one or the other.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          My first thought is using MIDI. Also, Mission made a pedal (I use one) that has a wah-type toe switch. Control one device, and when you want to switch over, click the switch. I think it is called the SP-2.
          Thru Tone makes an expensive exp pedal called the EXP-ULT built into an Ernie Ball pedal, which uses their 'kick switch' to switch between devices, too (look at the bottom of that web page).
          I have found a lot of pedals out there that control multiple. I love the Reflex Universal Expression from Source Audio. I am looking for the cheapest and easiest way out.

Comment

The Mission Engineering Expressionator is what you are looking for.

Comment

its even got a cool name!

Comment

Very cool but kinda pricey.

Comment

Working...
                X