Bee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee

I recently acquired a Beetronics Octahive octave fuzz pedal. I've only got the chance to play it for a short while, so a longer review will be coming tommorow.

From the little I've tried its got some pretty cool sounds in it, and I'm a sucker for bee themed things so in my mind this is an absolute win.

Custom guitar effects made by a swarm of bees in Los Angeles, California. Beetronics pedals are as unique as it gets! Your next favorite Fuzz pedals are here.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

I've heard several cool fuzzes from Beetronics (and really like the noise you can get out of their Zombee), so they must be doing something right.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Am I correct in assuming this is like an MXR Blue Box with more features and flexibility?

Comment

That's what I was thinking when I got it. It selling used on Reverb (pretty much mint though) for a decent price, so I snagged it up without much research.

The Blue Box is an octave down, this has an octave up. The controls are gain, volume, and a seperate gain and on/off for the octave.

It's a pretty neat effect I must say, as adding more gain to the extra octave makes it "glitch out" a lot more and adds quite a bit of texture.

The one thing I'd change about it would be the ability switch between an octave up and an octave down.

The best thing about the pedal though is that it's the first new pedal I've gotten in a while that has inspired me to play differently. As more complex passages turn to noise and less complex licks become highly textured and interesting.

Definitely a thumbs up from me. I may have to try some of their other stuff
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Am I correct in assuming this is like an MXR Blue Box with more features and flexibility?
          I think that Beetronix 'Whoctahell' is their take on the blue box. It has a one or two octave down mode that can be blended in or taken out of the signal as desired.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
            The best thing about the pedal though is that it's the first new pedal I've gotten in a while that has inspired me to play differently. As more complex passages turn to noise and less complex licks become highly textured and interesting.
            I totally agree. While I don't have many opportunities to use the Blue Box with the band, it sits on top of my Excelsior with a MOOG Ring Modulator. It really fuels the imagination. If you have a solid-state amp give the octave fuzz a spin with it. My Blue Box sounds great with my solid-state bass amps I get some interesting Jack White and Dan Auerbach types of lo-fi tones.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              I got a EH poly blue octave and it's got the fuzz from the blue box in it and I like it. I have individual level controls for 1+2 octaves up and 1+2 octaves down and controls for modulation. It has a polyphonic and monophonic modes Wich have different modulation features. The blue box fuzz is pretty good fuzz!
              It's funny how some stories became historic,
              especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
              But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

I meant a MXR poly blue octave.
                It's funny how some stories became historic,
                especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
                But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
                X