Newest Killer Dirt Box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Killer Dirt Box!

I've always fancied myself a bit of a chemistry buff and thought why not put a few theories to the test. Now we had the glorious old dirt boxes of the past with germanium transistors. Not long after silicon became the standard and that's where we still rock. Today I am pleased to announce my new line of pedals featuring my patented arsenic transistors. They're just killer!

LesStrat made me post this I swear!

These are the real deal. I played through one every day for a couple months and now I'm dead. It's never coming off my board.
    Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Not knowing anything at all about the history of transistors, did they actually make them out of arsenic back then?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Good luck trying to sell that pedal in California without a Prop 65 warning

Comment

I thought about the Cali issue but Gav and I ain't really watcha call besties anyway so I'm just really concentrating on the New York, Paris and Tokyo markets for the initial push.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
            I've always fancied myself a bit of a chemistry buff and thought why not put a few theories to the test. Now we had the glorious old dirt boxes of the past with germanium transistors. Not long after silicon became the standard and that's where we still rock. Today I am pleased to announce my new line of pedals featuring my patented arsenic transistors. They're just killer!

LesStrat made me post this I swear!
            You gest... but did you know they already use an Arsenic compound in transistors? it's for Military and Space applications usually for radiation protection.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Not surprising as Se, Ge and As are grouped in the periodic table. I was contemplating Fe and Cu and referenced the table and by accident noticed our friend arsenic hanging about with the other two delinquents.

Comment

the only way to go if you want killer tone!

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

You gest... but did you know they already use an Arsenic compound in transistors? it's for Military and Space applications usually for radiation protection.
                  See, that's the kind of info I came into this thread for!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                    Not surprising as Se, Ge and As are grouped in the periodic table. I was contemplating Fe and Cu and referenced the table and by accident noticed our friend arsenic hanging about with the other two delinquents.
                    yeah, I think building an effective transistor usually involves a Metalloid. -and there aren't a ton of options.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                    X