Help both of my big muffs broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help both of my big muffs broke

So I have a little big muff thats about 11 yrs old and a orange pi big muff that about 9 yrs old. They both been sitting in a box for the past 8-1/2 years and today I took them out to use them and little muff broke and the orange muff sounds like it has a dying battery but I use a power supply.
    The little big muff all three of the knobs were seized and the shafts on the vol and sustain pots broke. Anyone know were I can get new pots??? Also anyone ever have this happen???
    Now the orange pi muff it sound like it has a dying / nearly dead battery. The volume cuts out when playing and it sputters. If I strum hard it kinda works but then the volume just cuts out. It does not sound like a big muff out all. Anyone have any ideas what it could be or what could have happened???
    Thanks in advance everyone.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid mistakes!

Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 and solo-6FR, Schecter C-1EX,
    Edwards LP Lemon drop, ES-335 copy, Fender Telecaster
    Boss GT-10
    Rocktron Velocity 300
    Two custom built 2x12 cabs with V-30 & G12T-75's in each cab
    Marshall Mode Four/MF 400 cab
    AMT Legend series pedals V1, F1, R1, E1, M1, P1, D2 and growing

Any of the pedal parts places will have potentiometers. Tayda, smallbear, digikey, mouser. For the other issue, could be metal corrosion, for lack of better term. Open it up, clean the contacts of the input and output jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Open it up, spray deoxit in the back of the pots and work them around a bit. Plug and unplug your cable into the jacks a couple dozen times. If it's just some corrosion on the metal parts, that should largely clear things up.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Thanks jimilee, I'll look up those web sites. I'll open up the other one and take a closer look at it.

Boss GT-10
        Rocktron Velocity 300

Comment

jimilee and GuitarStv thanks for the help, cleaning the input and output jacks fixed the problem. Thanks again

Boss GT-10
          Rocktron Velocity 300

Comment

EHX isnt able to supply some parts on the older Muffs (Like the Russian Green), so I ordered them direct from Russian parts dealer. Let me know if you need the Russian source -not sure you can order from him right now, and it is ironically possible that the money Ive donated to Ukraine may have been used in a way which ended my Russian sources ability to ship anyways.... I kid I kid.

But on Muffs that are only a decade or 2 old, EHX can help here: https://shop.ehx.com/category/parts/

-also you can order from Digikey.com or Mouser.com basically most any part thats not of Russian origin or a suitable alternate part also.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

NegativeEase Thanks for the info.

Boss GT-10
              Rocktron Velocity 300

Comment

Working...
              X