Dimension C users:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimension C users:

The stereo inputs are generally used with two fairly similar sounds. What would happen if I say ran ryhthm guitar through left in/out and lead through the right in/out?

Also what does this mean, from Boss:

The DC-2W’s SDD-320 mode fully captures the original Dimension D vibe in every way. Many engineers like to press multiple buttons on the Dimension D rack for new and different sounds. But in truth, only two actual sound variations are technically possible with this undocumented feature. With its modern switching, the DC-2W’s SDD-320 mode enables six sound variations when two buttons are pressed, including four “in-between” sounds and two all-new voices.

What were the two sound variations?

Comment

What exactly does it do? As far as I can tell it’s a BBD chorus with modulated delays blended in.
      Last edited by El Dunco; 03-04-2023, 02:27 AM.
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

The 2 sound variation were only available on the original Dimension D I believe. You actually get more sounds on the DC-2W. I have mine set up with a 2 to 1 'summing' box under my board, so I'm only using 1 input in on the DC-2W and the 2 stereo o/p's to my delay/reverb. It's been a while, but I think when I had it set using the 2 stereo I/p's that they stayed separate. In my case one I/p came from my SY-1 Synthesiser routing, and the other came from my 'normal' guitar drive routing. When going out to 2 amps, the synth sounds were on one side and the guitar sounds were on the other. I wanted both synth sounds and normal guitar sounds to go through to both amps.

These days I'm only using one amp, so both sounds go to that.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
          What exactly does it do? As far as I can tell it’s a BB chorus with modulated delays blended in.
          It's a chorus that is described as "motionless", because the modulated signals are out of phase with eachother.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
          X