Headrush vs Headrush Prime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headrush vs Headrush Prime?

Headrush vs Headrush Prime....educate me. Is it worth upgrade? Why?

It does stuff the old Pedalboard doesnn't do, like amp capture and vocal effects. Also features Revalver software, an emulation developed previously for Pea ey, if I'm not mistaken.

Also has new graphics for amps and effects, WiFi and Bluetooth audio.

For me the coolest this is that it can use old PB user banks, making the transition easier for previous HR users.

This kinda sums it up.

I own both a Line 6 Helix and a Headrush MX5, but the Prime just doesn't isn't for me. But it looks and sounds like a grest piece of kit for anyone looking for a good amp emulator / MFX board.
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Synapse, do you think the Headrush Prime approaches the Helix in tones? Had any experience with Fractal stuff, the AX8 Fractal foot unit goes pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris6542 View Post
        Synapse, do you think the Headrush Prime approaches the Helix in tones? Had any experience with Fractal stuff, the AX8 Fractal foot unit goes pretty cheap.
        Well, it all depends on how much your sound depends on effects. To my ears the amp sims are not that different -I haven't tried the Prime yet, so I comparing the Helix Floor with the MX5- but the Helix flat out wins on the effects camp, specially when it comes to time-based effects.

I have no experience either with Fractal or Kemper stuff; The former is too expensive for my needs, and the whole deep-diving menu UI really scares me, and the latter focus on true amp sounds through proflies isn't my thing at all.
        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
        X