Ampero 2 is being bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampero 2 is being bought

By me rn. It was a hostile takeover of my impulses.

Price finally dropped on Amazon nearly $100 from typical. Just in time for my birthday

I’ll report back.

Almost went with a headrush mx5 (also great price at the moment) but I know I’ll like the high gain amps in Ampero more, despite headrush having a seemingly easier rig builder and expression pedal. I’d actually rather have the unit off the floor and use a detachable expression pedal.
    Last edited by DankStar; 03-30-2023, 11:14 AM.

Sweet happy birthday to you!!!
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
      Sweet happy birthday to you!!!
      thank you! The big 5-0

Comment

First of all, congrats on your birthday!

I'm a MX5 user myself, but before I took the plunge, the Ampero 2 was in my final three roster... you'll have fun with it for sure!

Enjoy!
        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
          First of all, congrats on your birthday!

I'm a MX5 user myself, but before I took the plunge, the Ampero 2 was in my final three roster... you'll have fun with it for sure!

Enjoy!
          very cool, and thanks. I think I’d be happy with the headrush too, and the current price for the silver at MF seems like a steal.

Comment

Happy Birthday Dank! I have a regular Ampero & it's pretty sweet. Did'nt even know they had a MkII out. Need check YT & have a listen. Enjoy!
            "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
            If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
              Happy Birthday Dank! I have a regular Ampero & it's pretty sweet. Did'nt even know they had a MkII out. Need check YT & have a listen. Enjoy!
              thanks! I’ve been following it since it came out but always talked myself out of it. I had the chance to play through an OG at guitar center once and there was one preset where I could tell it had the magic. One thing I wish the newer one has is XLR outs.

Comment

Of all the things to just drop in a bag for shipment

I’ve had toilet paper shipped with better packaging. Speaking of which, don’t people know how anal we are about protecting our gear??

The unit appears to be ok but I keep my boxes. Now dems corners all goofy.

Aaaaand the price is down $50 from 2 freaking days ago. Good lord

——
                returning this one, getting lower priced one. Weird world we live in these days, they wouldn’t float me the difference
                Last edited by DankStar; 04-01-2023, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Got the second unit at the adjusted cost and it’s noisy as all get out. I can’t hang with it. My digitech gsp is so much quieter. The amps sound good but there’s a noise that’s present even with the gate and without the gate it’s ridiculous.

Comment

Is it pronounced “Hot Tone” “Hot One” or “Hoe Tone?”
                    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I say hoe-tone but on the box it looked like Hot One to me.

might as well add this here:
                      while waiting for the guy to find a power cord for the headrush I plugged into a Katana mk2 combo, and it blew me away. I could see me owning the head version, the amp sounded sick and I barely scratched the surface with it.
                      Last edited by DankStar; 04-08-2023, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Wow, that sucks. I have'nt really noticed any noise issues with mine (original Ampero) but then I use it in the loop of my amps with the amp sim disengaged (pretty much going into a high gain preset with the amp sim switched off) for a bit of delay/reverb and whatever else that's going on there about 95% of the time..
                        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                          Wow, that sucks. I have'nt really noticed any noise issues with mine (original Ampero) but then I use it in the loop of my amps with the amp sim disengaged (pretty much going into a high gain preset with the amp sim switched off) for a bit of delay/reverb and whatever else that's going on there about 95% of the time..
                          Seemed like the perfect device for me - small, tons of amps from vintage to modern, fair price, etc. Oh well, I’m glad I at least tried it finally.

Comment

Amazon really sucks. F’ Bezos and his peen shaped rocket. Hope it crashes into the sun. I can’t believe they wouldn’t just pay you back the difference when it’s quicker, easier and cheaper than what they did. If it’s too noisy it’s probably defective.
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                              Got the second unit at the adjusted cost and it’s noisy as all get out. I can’t hang with it. My digitech gsp is so much quieter. The amps sound good but there’s a noise that’s present even with the gate and without the gate it’s ridiculous.
                              Grounding.

You tested it with earphones only or through an amp that has a grounded wall plug?

A way to ground it while using phones would be to connect the usb cable to a pc or laptop(wall powered).

The GSP comes with a three pin wall plug cable if I remember right.

Comment

Working...
                              X