X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tech 21 pedals

Check these out

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I guess they are more specific versions of the Fly Rigs. I have a few Fly Rigs, the regular one and the Acoustic one, and if these sound as good, it should be something everyone is gonna wanna try.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They look interesting but the guy made a few statements that I found rediculous. "A Fender amp by itself will not sound good" and "A Tube Screamer into a JC120 will sound horrible". I like the idea but I do not like one stomp box being tied to one amp. I am sure a lot of the 80s metal fans would like the TS with the Marshall. Out of the 4 pedals he put in front of the amps only the Dallas Rangemaster is one I use on a regular basis. Form me that would go better with a MIB.

Comment

I saw a better vid with JHS on them.

I think they did an OK job of them. The Marshall metal guys want is the JCM800 with an SD-1 probably.

If these go well, maybe they will branch out. Clearly they were thinking 60's when they made these.

Comment

These are definitely rehoused Flyrigs with some twists -love it
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Looks pretty cool, I don't know if I will buy one but definitely potential here.
            It's funny how some stories became historic,
            especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
            But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

The amount of "Mini-rigs" these days is getting pretty awesome.

I can get a Mooer "Amp head" preamp in Mooer pedal size.
              I can get a Tech 21 Character Sans Amp
              I'm sure there are others

They are just cool if what you want is a little "instant" whatever it is that floats your boat. Like if you were a Fender guy, get my little UK Gold JCM 900 for Metal moments.

Comment

Didn’t watch the video but when I checked them out I thought that not having an effects loop was a clear miss. You either put the effects on board like the fly rigs or you put a loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                  Didn’t watch the video but when I checked them out I thought that not having an effects loop was a clear miss. You either put the effects on board like the fly rigs or you put a loop.
                  Well, I think these were designed as a self contained rig for either quick recording, or showing up at a jam and keeping it in your guitar case to have a portable rig when you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                    Yeah - that was a big miss. Could put any boost in front, but a loop for the ambience of your choice would have been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Well, I think these were designed as a self contained rig for either quick recording, or showing up at a jam and keeping it in your guitar case to have a portable rig when you need it.
                      I think for a gig it works with the fly rig but here you don’t even have a bit of spring reverb or slapback.

You’re right that this can work well for recording. You then add whatever effects you want. That said, if you can do that you can probably also use a virtual amp.
                      Last edited by Blille; 05-21-2023, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Handy pedal for a board maybe as an easy "change amp" approach.

Comment

Waiting for a metal zone into a pignose. The Iron Pig

Comment

Also, these are all analog, so as much as I'd like all of them in one box, it wouldn't work.

Comment

I had a Trademark 10 years ago that I really loved, especially the American and British channels. I later had a Fly Rig, and realized that Tech 21 had started to fall behind other modeling technologies, IMHO. I wonder if these are updated technology over the SansAmp generations, or just repackaging the existing tech?

Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X