Nother new reverb toy day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nother new reverb toy day

Got a thing called a Keeley Realizer which was half of a pedal called the Loomer.
    this is supposed to do reverb like some old Yamaha effects units with something called soft focus reverb patch which is like a modulated shimmer plate reverb thing.
    But it also has a reverse reverb , though not the best according to many, but it's fun,
    and shimmer hall verb. All with a knob for adding vibrato to the reverb to mimic playing on a fender trem equipped guitar and riding the wang bar, and a warmth control modeled after the jazzmaster neck pickup, should you need those. You can dial those features out and have it sound more hifi and normal. Or dial them up and ride the wang bar too and get lost in sea of vibrato

Soft focus sounds good with delay in front, so dreamy.
    Reverse isn't perfect but sounds pretty good,. Good in front of blues driver or muff for sure.

Got it to get a reverb into distortion wash and let the Sloër go at the end of the chain, so guitar> delay> reverb > gain> reverb. Lots of fun.

Sounds interesting. Based on the name, I take it it does this (start at 1:40)

And the Loomer does this:

And maybe some of this?

Comment

Yeah it's great for that stuff! Pretty sure that's what it's meant for
      I like those textures a lot, I am pretty late to the party and am not super familiar with mbv but when I heard some of those sounds I was like

Hey I dig this
      ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
      X