Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPDx2 - Walrus Slötva and RAF Mirage Pico

I’ve just played with them a bit.

I loved the RAF Mirage comp. Transparent but really loved the action. It’s a bit more present than the Diamond, I’m guessing a slightly higher ratio, but it may be an optical circuit. It has an attack trim pot inside but I left it at fast. Tons of volume on tap and the second LED lets you know when you pass the threshold which is always nice.

The Slotva reverb I need to spend way more time with. For now, the sounds are clearly high quality and there’s a lot of tweakability . It came with three presets and I loved one of them. Super lush sounds. Loved the filter control to avoid the classic corny bright reverb.

cool. the slotva seems like it should have a ton of cool tones once you get to know the pedal

Comment

Nice I got the slöer cuz I thought the slotva was so cool and liked the extra rain and light modes

Comment

Got a Slötvå myself this week. Been wanting one for awhile and the sale price was too good to resist.
        They aren't exaggerating when they call it a textural reverb. Also super cool the have three presets on tap.
        Very expansive - you actually have to experiment a bit to get a shorter and more typical 'verb out of it.
        My fusion project has been going in a spacier direction and Slötvå suits that nicely.

Awesome pedal for moody atmospheres, and it really excels at getting synthlike pads from guitar.
        The swell in Rise mode is fantastic. Love the latching sustain in Dream mode, too - once I got the modulation under control.
        Not really using the octave-down, but that Dark mode can do a rich room-type reverb with the low octave turned way down.

One thing that isn't mentioned in the very minimalist manual: Slötvå comes from the factory in trails mode.
        You can turn the trails function off - or back on - by holding down the Bypass footswitch when you power it up.
        Holding both footswitches down while powering up restores the factory settings; the manual does tell us about that.

I'm sure the Slöer is even cooler, but my main pedalboard is crowded. Don't have room for something with a larger footprint.
        Have always liked my Neunaber Immerse for its nice 3D conventional reverbs, but it's moved to the small board now.

I've heard good things about the Mirage comp; nice to see a compact version with the same exact circuit.
        Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 09-25-2023, 09:48 PM.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Yeah the different pad sounds you can get are great. Volume swell the guitar and then hold the switch in dark mode to max out the decay. The more subtle reverb you start from, the more drastic is is when you step on it.

Rise mode is fun to play with. Delay or stacking delays into it and it can get washy but very interesting as the initial attack or notes trigger the rise and the end repeats don't. It's interesting getting the feel for what will trigger the rise. It doesn't work on fx loop

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
            Yeah the different pad sounds you can get are great. Volume swell the guitar and then hold the switch in dark mode to max out the decay. The more subtle reverb you start from, the more drastic is is when you step on it.

Rise mode is fun to play with. Delay or stacking delays into it and it can get washy but very interesting as the initial attack or notes trigger the rise and the end repeats don't. It's interesting getting the feel for what will trigger the rise. It doesn't work on fx loop
            I noticed that about the Rise - you've got to pause deliberately for a moment to trigger the swell.
            The sustain switch does get pretty crazy.

With heavy reverb it can be hard to predict in advance exactly how it'll work in context.
            Will be using it with the band this weekend.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
            X