Early Seymour Duncan pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Seymour Duncan pedals

I prefer rackmounts to pedals, so I hope everyone can forgive my ignorance.

What happened to early, discontinued SD pedals like the Power Grid? Are they highly regarded because they're early/now rare?

My understanding is these earlier models weren't quite up to speed and were surpassed by later models.

Thanks.

I've had the Tweak Fuzz and Power Grid. Both were sturdy and sounded great. I wish I hadn't sold them. I still have the SFX-01 and Twin Tube Classic. They're good pedals. Not sure why they were discontinued.

Comment

Well, the later ones had nicer enclosures, but all of them are quality, well thought-out pedals. I don't know if any has reached collectible status, as prices are still affordable across the range.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        I've had the Tweak Fuzz and Power Grid. Both were sturdy and sounded great. I wish I hadn't sold them. I still have the SFX-01 and Twin Tube Classic. They're good pedals. Not sure why they were discontinued.
        SD tends to do pedals in 'runs' now, which are always sort of limited time release. Currently I own a Pickup Booster and 805, and both of those are fantastic. I had a Silver Lake reverb for a year or so, but I wasn't using it so I sold it.

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see SD try to make their own amp heads of any design/technology.

I never gelled with pedals. As a metal elitist, to me they were what teenagers used until they could afford a tube amp, but that was in the 90s. Many of the things we have on pedal boards now we didn't have back then.

I mainly didn't like pedals alone for distortion because they sounded too much like cheap solid state amps. Later, I liked pedals to boost amps. We mostly had DOD pedals in the shops here.

I loved Boss stuff for choruses and time based effects. This is where I thought pedals really stood out.

Comment

I have the TweakFuzz but it needed a MOD before it was useable
            which is why it was on clearance at GC back in the day

they had some glitches early on
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I have a Shape Shifter and a Twin Tube Mayhem. Love them both.

My understanding/thought is that
              a) Too big for many
              b) Some QC issues

Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
                Personally, I'd like to see SD try to make their own amp heads of any design/technology.

I never gelled with pedals. As a metal elitist, to me they were what teenagers used until they could afford a tube amp, but that was in the 90s. Many of the things we have on pedal boards now we didn't have back then.

I mainly didn't like pedals alone for distortion because they sounded too much like cheap solid state amps. Later, I liked pedals to boost amps. We mostly had DOD pedals in the shops here.

I loved Boss stuff for choruses and time based effects. This is where I thought pedals really stood out.
                Well, there were these, and although they sounded great, they did tend to break down a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	n8cojhoi42m8dcisp4ag.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	6252647

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I have a Shape Shifter and a Twin Tube Mayhem. Love them both.

My understanding/thought is that
                  a) Too big for many
                  b) Some QC issues
                  You have a TT Mayhem?
                  Have we ever heard it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Well, there were these, and although they sounded great, they did tend to break down a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	n8cojhoi42m8dcisp4ag.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	6252647
                    I'm always learning from you, Mincer . It's why I come here.

Is that a built in attenuator?

Comment

Yes, it is. You can read all about the unique features of this amp in this blog post.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

You have a TT Mayhem?
                        Have we ever heard it?
                        No. You have also not heard my EHX Metal Muff, Boss Digital Metalizer, or HM3
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I thought the tweak fuzz was cool, and have been using my Deja Vu delay forever - it's everything I want in a delay pedal.
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

i had two deja vu, one got stolen, but i still use the other one. its great! i love the old shape shifter too. also have the old pup booster, twin tube classic, twin tube blue, and lava box.
                            used to have a doubleback comp and maybe something else im forgetting

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                              I have the TweakFuzz but it needed a MOD before it was useable.
                              Just curious. What was the mod? I know the SFX-01 needed the cheap Carling switch to be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                              X