Zoom CDR70....decent tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom CDR70....decent tone?

Any one have any experience w/ one of these? I just picked one up used. I wanted a delay/reverb pedal that I can use in the loop's of my amp's for solo's and this one seemed like a nice choice. Apparently it also has chorus's and a compressor/limiter that could be useful occasionally I already have separate delay & reverb pedals but this makes things even more convenient/localized..

I like as little fuss/tweaking as possible so I can get my stuff down & done with as quick and w/ as little hooking-up/inter-connecting/power supplies as possible. Not particularly anal about my tone as long as it's decent/usable....
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Looks like I'm about to find out for myself shortly...

It just came in

Looks as good as new too

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I always think about getting one for an everything box on a board.

Definitely seen a few, never heard anything bad about them in their various flavors.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I have the MS-50G, which is the same box, plus amp/cab sims. It's pretty high quality sound. Some of the reverbs are studio quality. Not every effect sounds 'right', however, like the Leslie sim isn't good. But you can make a really good one using a shallow vibrato and phase chained together. Lots of chorus, delay and reverb choices. If you chain too many high quality patches together, it can run out of memory. But I've found ways of avoiding that.

Comment

Sweet. Thanks ..that's good to hear. I will hook this up when I'm able too. Probably this weekend cuz I've actually been unusually busy these last few days

I used to have an old Boss 2-in-1 digital delay-reverb pedal that I used a lot until I lost it at a gig.....really miss the form-factor & ease of use. It sounded great too...with any luck this will make a nice replacement

Youtube

Comment

Stuck this into the loop of my Vox NT...works very well! I got some pretty sweet/usable tones just scrolling through the presets.It definitely has quality sounds that I will have no problem using/recording with.. The learning curve is bit high though. I still need to figure out how to edit/navigate. Not that it's particularly convoluted...it's just going to take a while for me to get familiar with it.

But yeah, it's definitely what I was looking/hoping for...and a whole lot more

Youtube

Comment

Sounds great in the loop's of my Randall & Cicognani Brutus Live amp's too. I dialed in a delay/reverb tone with a hint of chorus for leads and it sounded glorious

I really should record some clips

Youtube

Comment

Made this delay/reverb patch from scratch. It serves my purpose. I can pretty much pop it in he effects loop of any of my amp's for solo's and it gets the job done

It's good enough for quick recordings and that's pretty much all I was looking for.

There are a few more presets that work just as well or better ..so I think I'm set now

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Made this delay/reverb patch from scratch. It serves my purpose. I can pretty much pop it in he effects loop of any of my amp's for solo's and it gets the job done

It's good enough for quick recordings and that's pretty much all I was looking for.

There are a few more presets that work just as well or better ..so I think I'm set now
                  The sound/tone fits in with your backing tracks better now.

Comment

Working...
                  X