Thinking about getting a Keeley katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting a Keeley katana

I'm thinking about getting a Keeley katana for a nice clean boost to drive the front of my dirty marshall. Anybody here have one or use one and what's your opinion of it?
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

I had one, it sounds pretty good, it's a double fet circuit in cascade, it fattens the sound a bit, very useful to drive a hard clipping OD pedal input or the input of the amp, used alone the effect is less evident but the sound is pleasing, a little more harmonically rich.
    (I prefer for boost a light OD than a perfectly clean boost however)

Comment

With single coils i like a light OD from a tubescreamer (ST-9 clone) with the mid push on 720 Hz, with humbuckers i prefer a treble booster (in my case a Catalinbread Naga Viper clone) to demud the overdriven sounds.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I ordered a katana in Friday just waiting for that to come in.
        It's funny how some stories became historic,
        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
        X