Morley Introduces The Volume Commander – New Additive Tone Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morley Introduces The Volume Commander – New Additive Tone Technology

It seems like a straightforward way to add more tone dimensions to your amp and pedals. Seems like it could be a lot of fun with a smaller tube amp pushed to the limit or even a larger one.

Do the volume knobs boost as well as cut? I can't tell from the ad copy. If they boost this could be pretty sweet.

Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

I think they are only a cut.

Comment

sorta interesting. ive used timmy for something like this. set the amp raging, and set the pedal to clean things up and cut some bottom end. paul gilbert had a pedal for this purpose too, cant remember what it was called at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          sorta interesting. ive used timmy for something like this. set the amp raging, and set the pedal to clean things up and cut some bottom end. paul gilbert had a pedal for this purpose too, cant remember what it was called at the moment
          I use an EQ pedal to do the same thing sometimes, but mostly I'm playing a 2 channel head so no real need.
          Take it to the limit
          Everybody to the limit
          Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

So an underdrive?
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
              So an underdrive?
              Yeah . . . I've been doing this for a while. Most overdrives, compressors, and EQs can be set up to do this nicely.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post
                Do the volume knobs boost as well as cut? I can't tell from the ad copy. If they boost this could be pretty sweet.
                “On full is nominal.”
                The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

That pedal would be my rhythm/lead boost switch for any amp.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by El Dunco View Post

“On full is nominal.”
                    I didn't see that in there, thanks.
                    Take it to the limit
                    Everybody to the limit
                    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Working...
                    X