Universal Audio Lion '68 Super Lead Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Audio Lion '68 Super Lead Amp

I have to say the tone did not blow me away, it is "good" just nothing new or groundbreaking. The $400 price tag made me an instant no. They can call it an amp pedal all they want, it is a distortion box. It does not do anything I haven't seen any other MIB box do.

looks cool, but geeze, at $400 it better have a power section too. I felt similar when I tested an Iridium, I didn't hear magic but it wasn't horrible.

Comment

I know the Dream (Fender) version sounds a lot like a Fender...I am surprised this one is that far off.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I know the Dream (Fender) version sounds a lot like a Fender...I am surprised this one is that far off.
        I thought it was me. When he plays the VH riff it sounds a bit muffled like a blanket was over the speaker.

Comment

A little bit too much buzzy bumble bees and not enough plexi / brown for me. Part of it could be the guitar he's using though. Didn't watch all of it if he showed what it was. I bailed when it didn't sound good.

Comment

My experience with modelers in general has been no one has been able to nail the Marshall tone while there are great examples of modeled and sampled Fenders. Don’t know why but it may have something to do with the artists that used the respective amps.

Comment

mmmh, from the demo it's like the peak of the eq curve is shifted a little lower compared to a real Marshall , it buzzes at the wrong frequency

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                looks cool, but geeze, at $400 it better have a power section too. I felt similar when I tested an Iridium, I didn't hear magic but it wasn't horrible.
                Like the Origin Hot Rod. I wish there were more pedals like that because it’s almost as much as a head here.
                The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Maybe a firmware update can tame the buzziness. I would like a chance to try one, to see if the onboard EQ will dial it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Maybe a firmware update can tame the buzziness. I would like a chance to try one, to see if the onboard EQ will dial it out.
                    It could also be the amp or pickups. With these online demos, you never know what is driving the tone, good or bad.

Comment

No channel jumper switch?
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

It could also be the amp or pickups. With these online demos, you never know what is driving the tone, good or bad.
                        Well, online demos only tell you so much. Sometimes the person making the video has no idea how to capture the sound properly.

Comment

Working...
                        X