Best effect unit with no clout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best effect unit with no clout?

What is your favorite distortion pedal that has no clout, no mojo, and no cult following? I for one really like the DN-2 Dynadrive. It's like a more even sounding DS-1 that expands your dynamic range on terms of controlling how much distortion you get, but it also conpresses your signal volumewise. So you can clean up your signal with the volume on your guitar without disappearing behind the other instruments. I think people didn't like them because they were digital.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

I think once people share theirs, they will begin to develop clout. Like the XP300 space station nobody wanted that’s triple the price now.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Distortion pedal? MXR Distortion III. Works on bass, especially good in a parallel setup; nice crunch for guitar into a cleanish tube amp, works as an OD for leads too. I haven't used my pedals much since I got the HX Effects but it was a mainstay on my bass board for years.
      Take it to the limit
      Everybody to the limit
      Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Speaking of Digitech, I have a Pds1550 "Programmable" Distortion that's pretty great. It's a highly tweakable dual distortion that has a near 1:1 HM-2 clone and a very very usable Tube Screamer

Comment

Also I forgot to mention the PDS1550 has 7 internal switches that act as a EQ on the HM-2 side as well as adding a short delay to make it sound fatter.

Comment

I have a plastic little Danelectro Surf & Turf Compressor that works amazingly well.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by El Dunco View Post
              I think once people share theirs, they will begin to develop clout. Like the XP300 space station nobody wanted that’s triple the price now.
              I have a Space Station in my Digitech EX7 it is cool but it doesn't give me anything I can't get better with the H9/90.

To answer the OP's question of course it is my Decibel 11 Dirt Clod. A very underrated and unrecognized pedal. If the right guitarist was seen stepping on one they would go for 4x the money

Comment

I have a Behringer Metalzone clone
                and it is a Metalzone clone

No one follows it at all
                But it works just like a Metalzone
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

RambleFX Marvel Drive for me

Comment

DOD rubberneck delay, I think it's the most underrated analog delay around, it's a bit noisey but it has modulation, gain control and even tap tempo, it's warm, it's musical, every time I play with it I smile or drown in to echoes with joy, still nobody uses it but me

Comment

This might have a following: Arion Tubulator. Nice little pedal that was available new, for a short time, at $10.

Comment

Mine would be the Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer. It was my second distortion pedal and was a massive improvement over the DOD FX56 American Metal I had before it. I sold it almost 30 years ago. Thinking back on it, it was a damn good pedal.

Comment

The Digitech RP-12, RP-1, RP-21, 2112 SGS ,Boss GT 5, GT 8, GT 10, any of the ADA pre amps, many of the ART Rack units, Arion Hot Watt 2, Rockmans, Yamaha SPX 90 Behringer AM100 Acoustic Modeler.

I remember when back in the 1970's, gears snobs frowned on EHX pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by maug2122 View Post
                            The Digitech RP-12, RP-1, RP-21, 2112 SGS ,Boss GT 5, GT 8, GT 10, any of the ADA pre amps, many of the ART Rack units, Arion Hot Watt 2, Rockmans, Yamaha SPX 90 Behringer AM100 Acoustic Modeler.

I remember when back in the 1970's, gears snobs frowned on EHX pedals.
                            I love those old RP modelers

I have the GNX 3000

It is awesome

Rarely use it anymore
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

My Washburn Stack-In-A-Box

Click image for larger version

Name:	t8ji754ttwriiwhdye9b.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	6264035
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X