Not so happy NPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post

it's a LM386 based pedal, I made a clone myself some years ago. I don't know why but everytime I tried a circuit based on the LM386 I've found a strange odd release on the note, the attack is right, so the overall sound but the release is like gated, in a nasty way, this is , personally, a deal breaker
    There are different LM386 variants (at least 3) which differ in output. This N1 variant seems to make trouble like cutouts and even oscillations. The ones with the higher volume like the LM386N3 and LM386N4 seem to be free of it.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 01-30-2024, 04:16 PM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post

There a different LM386 variants (at least 3) which differ in the output . This N1 variant seems to make trouble like cutouts and even oscillations. The ones with the higher volume like the LM386N3 and LM386N4 seems to be free of it.
      that's interesting, thank you, I have to find it, because the sound is in general very good

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post

i would rather go for a Lovepedal Jubilee, which is the same circuit as the Purple Plexi but with less gain and a bit different eq.
        I have not tried the Jubilee—just know that the Purple Plexi through my Hot Rod Deluxe and Blues Deluxe gave me a convincing "Plexi" tone for my needs. It definitely had a lot of gain on tap, could see that being too much for some.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
          Have you tried a Lovepedal Purple Plexi? That's my favorite "plexi" sounding pedal as it can get the plexi sound without the overly hissy sound (what I did not like about my Suhr Riot.)
          Real Amps Hiss
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
          X