No announcement yet.

Why the Blues Drive waza so expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Blues Drive waza so expensive?

what's the deal with waza craft pricing? you'd think with a much simpler circuit and controls than the metal zone and hm-2, their prices would be flipped. is it just perceived prestige? The fuzz also seems pretty exorbitant for that circuit. I love my hm-2 and ds-1 wazas, but damn. the sd-1 seems overpriced too.

for all my complaining, I freely and shamefully admit I would actually pay 200 USD for a waza OD-3 (the best od they ever made)

waza is spendy boss stuff. they charge what people will pay. i do like the od3, but the sd1 is my go to boss dirt box

Comment

I have a BD-2 waza because I've been using the regular BD-2 for a couple decades and love it. The waza is marginally nicer than the original, but totally not worth the cost.
      Last edited by GuitarStv; 12-27-2023, 08:19 PM.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Boss leadership meeting:

"Look at what some of these people are paying for boutique pedals? They're no better than our stuff!"

"Well, it's perceived value....if it's that expensive, folks figure it HAS to be good."

(Light bulb audibly goes off in everyone's head)

"We can fix that!!!"

Larry

Comment

The HM waza pedal is priced like a normal pedal it’s weird.

Comment

Marketing.

Comment

Maybe the digital Wazas are worth it. But I am not so sure about the overdrives and distortions with the widespread clones out there that use better components.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                they charge what people will pay.
                /END THREAD

Comment

I think wazas are produced in Japan, with a higher cost, circuitwise the differences are not worth the added price in my opinion, at least not for all pedals.
                  But I have a CE2 waza that has the CE-1 Chorus and Vib modes, and for me it was reasonable to purchase it.

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                    I think wazas are produced in Japan, with a higher cost, circuitwise the differences are not worth the added price in my opinion, at least not for all pedals.
                    But I have a CE2 waza that has the CE-1 Chorus and Vib modes, and for me it was reasonable to purchase it.
                    How close is the CE- 1 mode to the JC 120? Can you get the Prince Purple Rain tone?

Comment

let me say, not so far, it could have been closer. The JC and CE1 sound are deeper and lusher, but you feel that flangy color that makes the CE1 so characteristic.
                      The real winner is the vibrato option, very warm, a bit Leslier on the higher speed settings.
                      For the Purple Rain sound, I can't say it's spot on, you get close, closer than other chorus maybe.

Comment

I think if you want to get the purple rain sound you’d be better trying a Dimension DC2W pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by RanchManSandy View Post
                          what's the deal with waza craft pricing? you'd think with a much simpler circuit and controls than the metal zone and hm-2, their prices would be flipped. is it just perceived prestige? The fuzz also seems pretty exorbitant for that circuit. I love my hm-2 and ds-1 wazas, but damn. the sd-1 seems overpriced too.

for all my complaining, I freely and shamefully admit I would actually pay 200 USD for a waza OD-3 (the best od they ever made)
                          People buy more Blues Drivers than other pedals because it is awesome.
                          Waza is more expensive because mods
                          Mods + Demand = Higher Price.

It really is that simple.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                            I think if you want to get the purple rain sound you’d be better trying a Dimension DC2W pedal.
                            He used a Roland JC120 on that song, which is the BOSS CE- 1 circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

He used a Roland JC120 on that song, which is the BOSS CE- 1 circuit.
                              Yeah I should have said that the Waza Dim C has more variations than an original as you can hold down 2 buttons at the same time and gets pretty close. In the case of the original recording Wendy Melvoin stated the following

As she explains to Marangella, the original recording features a sealed-up Rickenbacker – with G&L pickups – into the legendary Boss CE-1 chorus pedaland a Mesa/Boogie Mark I guitar amp

Comment

Working...
                              X