Yet Another Tubescreamer Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Tubescreamer Clone

Our oldest had asked me before the holidays what I wanted for Christmas. Since she is in college, I didn't expect her to get much and don't. But, she insisted I send her a few things I'd like. So, one of them was the Joyo Vintage Overdrive on Amazon. It's a tubescreamer essentially, and a really nice one to be honest. We were at Disneyworld for Christmas this year so I didn't get a chance to mess with it until yesterday. For $35, it's a great deal. Feels sturdy, nice switch, smooth controls. I like that the battery can be changed easily on the bottom without having to remove the whole bottom plate. Works as a tubescreamer should.

Click image for larger version  Name:	joyo_vintage_overdrive.jpg Views:	4 Size:	14.5 KB ID:	6265709
    Last edited by ErikH; 01-04-2024, 10:36 AM.

it's a good 1:1 TS808 clone, reliable, sturdy, you can't go wrong with it

Comment

Joyo makes some great clones

much sturdier than the Behringer versions
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

A cheap pedal that sounds good is way better than expensive pedal that sounds the same. 10/10
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

win
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I dig the color scheme, too. I think the boutique mega deal and reverb pedals are harder to replicate, but drive pedal makers will almost always have company like Joyo copy them...there are only so many variations of the same parts.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Exactly. It's not like it's a difficult circuit or anything. I really like the punch it gives. It's like I got the TS808 again that I had 8-10 years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X