banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the By-Tor Overdrive all hype or is there meat on this bone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the By-Tor Overdrive all hype or is there meat on this bone?

It seems like these pedals are impossible to find and priced through the roof when you find them. I would think it is all about the collectors more than this is some kind of magical AIB. The design is cool and I bet I could gel with it but not at the prices I have been seeing.

Following the success of the Lerxst OMEGA amplifier, a question emerged: "can we replicate the unmistakable sound and powerful presence of the 50W OMEGA in a compact pedal format?

The challenge was not merely to create another run-of-the-mill drive pedal; it was to engineer a pedal that could deliver the same growling intensity and seamless transition to clean tones as if you were cranking up the amp itself. After numerous iterations, circuit designs, and meticulous fine-tuning, we proudly present the By-Tor. We trust that you will derive as much pleasure from the pedal's exceptional sound and responsive feel as we do.

Not for me. I already have an overdrive and a boost, so no room in the stable for this guy. Jack placement is interesting
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

You can completely simulate this by adding a Keeley Katana before or after your favorite OD pedal.

Just sayin'....
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

But the cool thing about this pedal is you don't need a battery or power supply. You just hit it with a stun gun every New Year's Eve.

Comment

Soooo its basically a Silver Jubilee in a stomp, plenty of ghose around. Not buying the hype, esp with a Jube sitting upstairs in our office
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

The thing is, I love RUSH and Alex. Some of his lead tones are amazing, but I am not a massive fan of a lot of his rhythm guitar tones. I would not be overly eager to incorporate those tones into my playing/set.

Comment

I wouldnt chase any clipping pedal hype at this point personally -I think the differences in Overdrives and distortion is the most overrated segment of guitar -In the hands of a good player playing the style of OD they like , most ODs are great....

The whole ...this one is better or this one is magical are mostly sales tools to make us feel bad about our current setup as an impulse trigger to consume.

Just gotta decide things like the kind of clipping style sound you like, what kind of bumped or scooped sounds and controls you want, what kind of touch sensitivity you like -especially if you are not placing first in the chain.

After that, I mean who can't build a great OD? I can build one in my garage as good as most any Ive played, and BYOC is the next easiest.

I guess Im glad other people are buying pedals like candy because it keeps the industry growing and some of my friends employed but I think Im done believing any claims, market crazes or runs on things like Bad Monkeys as Klones etc etc...

That pedal looks cool though ***tries to resist urge to look further into hype***
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I am disappointed no one got the stun gun reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  I am disappointed no one got the stun gun reference.
                  You just had to bring that little incident in Florida up again, didn't you.

Comment

I'm not interested in copping Alex's exact tones either, but this pedal could be great if it nails the right feel and high end sparkle. I would have to play it through my stuff. The details would make or break it.

Those blown up second-hand prices are for suckers though.
                    Take it to the limit
                    Everybody to the limit
                    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

See, I liked his rhythm tones more than the lead tones.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

First thing I thought when I saw this was
                        Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          See, I liked his rhythm tones more than the lead tones.
                          It varies for me depending on the era. I like the later rhythm tones most.

Comment

Working...
                          X