is the sansamp flyrig 5 v2 noisy or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the sansamp flyrig 5 v2 noisy or not

good lord, every piece of gear has people chiming in with negatives but yet everyone doesn't have the same issues.

Seriously considering a flyrig for the ease of just throwing it on the floor and going for it in a band situation but some are saying it's noisy. Anyone have one of these suckers to give me the real scoop?

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
    good lord, every piece of gear has people chiming in with negatives but yet everyone doesn't have the same issues.

Seriously considering a flyrig for the ease of just throwing it on the floor and going for it in a band situation but some are saying it's noisy. Anyone have one of these suckers to give me the real scoop?
    yeah, Ive had that issue sometimes depending on the quality AC circuit they are plugged into.

It's not an always thing though.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I've not had a problem with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

yeah, Ive had that issue sometimes depending on the quality AC circuit they are plugged into.

It's not an always thing though.
        good to know, thank you

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        I've not had a problem with mine.
        ​cool. I'm thinking under normal use with a good pedal adapter should be fine for me. love the simplicity of the knobs all right there, already has the effects I'd use (minus a wah and maybe a gate) and the small size.

Comment

I had one of the V2 (R2's?) and it did have some noise with the gain up, just as the Tech 21 amps (or other high gain amps) do.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post
            I had one of the V2 (R2's?) and it did have some noise with the gain up, just as the Tech 21 amps (or other high gain amps) do.

Larry
            I should prob find one to test at GC...

Comment

I have the V2 and have not had any noise issues. I use it through combo amps both in front of the amp and in the return of an fx loop.

Comment

I have V2 and an Acoustic version, and both are very quiet.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I’m seeing a lot about unity gain, perhaps some of the noise is user error involving that.

appreciate the responses

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post

Larry
                    That's not an uncommon issue with the Tech21 stuff. If you max out on gain, they can be a little noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post

That's not an uncommon issue with the Tech21 stuff. If you max out on gain, they can be a little noisy.
                      Thanks for confirming!

As an aside, I don’t turn the gain all the way up on anything I use, it’s always too much (and sometimes noisy depending on the gear). Even modelers need noise gates.
                      Last edited by DankStar; 01-30-2024, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X