Replacement for mini iso brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for mini iso brick

Mxr mini iso brick feels ok but recently an outlet on it has developed a bad intermittent connection, the input led also is already not working

I want to replace it.

The regular m238 iso brick seems ok

Does anyone have experience with it? It's

I use maybe 8-9 pedals at once sometimes but can daisy chain the dirt pedals

I want at least 1 18v tap for mxr 10 band EQ but I could get a voltage doubler cable

One pedal I think I might want to get needs 250 ma, one is 100, the rest are low.

Is it worth going to something like cioks, fender engine room, strymon Zuma, etc in case my pedals expand later? Those seem pretty expensive, I want to save money for pedals lol

Hiree Guitar Pedal Power Supply Adapter Station Distributor 10 Isolated DC Output for 9V/12V/18V Effect PedalBoard with 4 AC Outlet for Charging Speaker, Musical Instruments https://a.co/d/iwbqheq

I have two of these

​​​​​​​
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      Hiree Guitar Pedal Power Supply Adapter Station Distributor 10 Isolated DC Output for 9V/12V/18V Effect PedalBoard with 4 AC Outlet for Charging Speaker, Musical Instruments https://a.co/d/iwbqheq

I have two of these

​​​​​​​
      Interesting, thank you for a recommendation!
      it's daunting wading through the sea of the less expensive supplies, I wasn't aware of this one!

You have two? My God they're so... Inexpensive! I don't care about mounting it under the board I don't have and am not touring so I don't care that it's plastic... That seems to be the 2 main gripes in reviews.

It's So inexpensive haha, but how can it be any worse than this failing mini iso brick?

It's on my short list now

Comment

I've used a Pedal Power 2 continuously for several years now with no complaints. Bought it used for around $120, with all the cables. I see them for $100ish now. There's also an outlet on the side of the thing where you can plug an extra adapter. I use it to power the HOG pedal since it has weird requirements, but you could use it for a separate 18v adapter for your EQ.
        Take it to the limit
        Everybody to the limit
        Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post
          I've used a Pedal Power 2 continuously for several years now with no complaints. Bought it used for around $120, with all the cables. I see them for $100ish now. There's also an outlet on the side of the thing where you can plug an extra adapter. I use it to power the HOG pedal since it has weird requirements, but you could use it for a separate 18v adapter for your EQ.
          Yeah. They look really decent, thank you for another suggestion!

I do suppose if my needs expand further I can sell, upgrade. As long as I take care of it.

I was pretty gentle with the mini iso brick, shame, it is really small and light and did it's job a while. Almost just replaced with the same but the input adapter fits so loose, it resets my digital pedal every time I move it lol

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post

Interesting, thank you for a recommendation!
            it's daunting wading through the sea of the less expensive supplies, I wasn't aware of this one!

You have two? My God they're so... Inexpensive! I don't care about mounting it under the board I don't have and am not touring so I don't care that it's plastic... That seems to be the 2 main gripes in reviews.

It's So inexpensive haha, but how can it be any worse than this failing mini iso brick?

It's on my short list now
            I like the extra ac plugs on top

I keep.one in the Livingroom with the keyboard
            And one in my office with the H&K
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Seven years ago, I got a Caline Power CP-05 to supplement my other supply. I never had a problem with it, and they go for $30 brand new.

Comment

I've had good luck with the Truetone iso bricks. Zero problems of any kind from the one I'm using, and I run a few pedals that can be picky (and get noisy) with ****ty power supplies.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  I've had good luck with the Truetone iso bricks. Zero problems of any kind from the one I'm using, and I run a few pedals that can be picky (and get noisy) with ****ty power supplies.
                  Yeah interesting thing about that, I typed a post but fell asleep without posting

I got a new one spot CS6 ordered last night

I looked and looked at a lot of pedals, trying to figure out if I need more than one pedal in the near future more than 250 ma or more than one at 18v

Turns out,

Probably not.

Dude those strymon guys know marketing, they almost got me with their striking blue modular system! I still needed something blue though

Kept trying to tell myself what if I get more digital high current pedals but I looked a lot at anything i might want and there's very few that I could afford soon anyways, not gonna be having an eventide board with two boss md-200s in there...

Yet.

I looked at the caline one and I'm glad you guys had good experiences but when people say they take it apart and it's not fully isolated I was like... Well let me go the next step up to be guaranteed low noise!

Thanks guys your suggestions were all appreciated and considered!

Comment

I've used my M238 for more than 10 years, never had a problem, though I typically setup my pedal board and it stays plugged that way for a while. Maybe every 6-9 months I'll get a new pedal or change the layout. It does exactly what it's supposed to do for reasonable money. The similar competitors at the time just felt like either unreasonable money, or not a reliable/trustworthy maker (e.g. unknown name) or didn't have the volt/amp configuration I needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X