I am digging this Tor Treble Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am digging this Tor Treble Booster

I am digging this boost on a few levels. First off I can not think of any Rangemaster clone I have seen with EQ. I like the concept of EQ, seeing sometimes the Rangemasters can get too bright. I also like the cocked wah option in this pedal. It seems like a very sculptable boost pedal.

A tone shaping pedal that precisely recreates the sound of an OC44 Germanium Treble Booster in Silicon, giving you the best of both worlds, the stability of Silicon and the tone of Germanium.
    • Every nuance of an OC44 Germanium Treble Booster recreated in Silicon
    • Heavy duty knobs with brass inserts
    • Accurate soft clipping distortion and high frequency compression
    • Halo inductor based Mid Boost control for vintage Cry Baby cocked wah tones

Controls: Bass Cut, Mid Cut, Treble Cut, Volume, Mid Boost and Mid Boost Frequency Switch (900Hz, 2.1kHz, 450Hz)

Enclosure Dimensions: L 121mm, W 66mm, H 40mm​

Last edited by Securb; 02-14-2024, 07:19 AM.

is the mid boost wide or narrow freqnency wise? like whats the Q of the mid boost?

Comment

Interesting demo for rock or blues guys but I use my boost in high-gain applications. I am still interested but see myself using this pedal extremely differently than these clips.

Comment

I have just never been a treble booster guy. Then again, I've never tried one. None of my hero/influences used one. I associate it with old school amp boosting.

Maybe time to go investigate.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          I have just never been a treble booster guy. Then again, I've never tried one. None of my hero/influences used one. I associate it with old school amp boosting.

Maybe time to go investigate.
          You like Page, Iommi, and May. But I do not use mine like any of them. I use mine in high-gain applications to kick in leads, sustain and touch sensitivity. However, depending on my pickups and settings they can sometimes be shrill. That is why thi one with EQ is appealing to me, the cocked wah feature gives me even more control over the highs

Comment

If the mid boost is for a cocked wah sound, that would suggest a pretty narrow Q, right? My amp likes getting a mid spike around 2.1kHz, so the switchable frequency is a cool feature, but this kind of boost+eq thing is what I use an EQ pedal for in the first place.
            Take it to the limit
            Everybody to the limit
            Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

You like Page, Iommi, and May. But I do not use mine like any of them. I use mine in high-gain applications to kick in leads, sustain and touch sensitivity. However, depending on my pickups and settings they can sometimes be shrill. That is why thi one with EQ is appealing to me, the cocked wah feature gives me even more control over the highs
              I like Page overall, dig Iommi's songs, and am not a fan of May's tone at all. I like them but don't love them.

So I watched a couple of vids on Treble Boosters. Based on the amps and pedals I use and music I mostly play - yeah, I have little to no use for one. So not surprised. Not saying there might not be a use, and I agree - the EQ option would be very useful for fine tuning.

Just not my thing. You rock on with yours.
              Last edited by Aceman; 02-15-2024, 04:36 PM.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

That's an interesting treble booster. Curious how they get warmth of the OC44 using Silicon transistors. I've made a few treble boosters based off the Dallas Rangemaster. It's an easy circuit and can be wonderful in the right setup. I haven't used mine in years though.

Comment

Strange, how one particular pedal will sound better with a certain amp or pedalboardnset up with different results, from one setup or another .

Comment

Working...
                  X