What Phasers Are Yall Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Phasers Are Yall Using?

I'm trying to get into modulation effects, and one of the first ones I want is a phaser.

Which ones do you guys use? What should I look for? In front of the amp or should I put it in the loop?

Well, currently, I use an EHX Nano Small Stone, as well as the digital model of that pedal (it sounds the same) in a Line 6 HX Effects, and a Fractal FM3. Phasers are my favorite modulation effect, and I generally dig 2- ad 4-stage versions. The MXRs aren't bad, but the EHX has a weird 'bump' in the sweep that I like. I generally put mine before the drive pedals into the input of the amp (nt the loop).
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I used a Phase 90, and the Phase 90 setting on the H90 in the past. I recently started using the Eventide Instant Phaser Mk II​, I am absolutely blown away

Comment

If you are getting a Phaser today, I suggest getting the MXR Phase 95. It's a mini pedal, but it has all the classic MXR Phase tones

Old script Logo Phase - an EVH favorite
        Standard Block Letter Phase - the "Standard"
        Phase 45 Script/Block - a more subtle version

As for in front/loop - that is a matter of taste. Try it both spots and see where it works for you.

Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I have a Phase 95 which does both 45 and 90 with a button got go from block to script, covers all the bases of MXR phaser
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I’m a MXR Phase 90 guy. Currently have a script logo version, which I prefer to the block version. Another favorite is the Whirlwind Orange Box which is essentially a Phase 90. Same circuit made by the folks that started MXR.

I always run it out front. First in the signal chain even.

Comment

I love the lush clean sounds of my big box Small Stone . . . although find myself using a univibe more for phasey stuff these days. Always run both in front of the amp.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

i have two phase 90s, one block and one script. they both do the job fine. im dont use a ton of modulation in general, i use my rotosphere more than anything else

Comment

What's the difference between the script and block letter pedals?

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                    What's the difference between the script and block letter pedals?
                    The block pedals added a small amount of feedback into the signal to give the sound a bit more "whoosh" for lack of a better word.

I have a handwire reissue phase 90 that goes at the end of the chain, or a boss PH-2 that goes right before my distortions. I don't usually have both on the board at the same time
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

A perfect word.

Comment

script 90
                        ph-2
                        maxon pt9pro+

They all do their own thing well.

Comment

Small Stone is the first i ever heard or played, so it's my standard.

That Phase 95 (or even a Phase 100 if you're feeling like a Senator) is not a bad option, though.

Comment

I have one of the old MXR pedals from the early 90s
                            uses that odd plug

I have some multi effects pedals that include phaser

That old single knob rascal is nice
                            if i were just trying out one
                            i would get the cheap one

Behringer or GFS or something

One of the Amazon offerings
                            Caline
                            Ammonn
                            Joyo
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                            X