NPD first chorus in years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD first chorus in years

Analog Boss Ce-5 day! I got it over the ce-2 cuz... Well I might still want a ce-2 someday but I like how subtle this sounds!
    and it has effect level cuz some people's rigs seem sensitive to a slight perceived volume bump from chorus

I had an 18v Dano Cool Cat chorus once like ten years ago but it was 18v, huge, and had a really weird switch and dim check light. And I guess I thought I didn't use chorus very much... Now I'm finding more stuff to play that could use a little swirl.

Can't wait to mess around with it more. Click image for larger version

Name:	20240220_160138.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	6271455 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240220_160144.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	6271456

Someone doesn't understand that 2 little strips of Velcro is all you really need... Oh well. Oh was the cheapest one on reverb

the CE-2 is a bit warmer , this is more moderm sounding but, in a band mix, it is indistinguishable and the rate control is faster, useful for leslie-like sounds. I often think that people raving about how old fx are always better than new never play in real band

Comment

im not a huge chorus guy, a rotosphere is as close as i get, but boss has always made a damn good chorus. ce-2 is great, ce-3 is too, and the ce-5 continues that lineage of great chorus sounds but with more versatility

Comment

Ooh this is is nice having a chorus pedal after years and years

I love with the EQ filters you can have it feel like the chorus is only on the treble strings, it's nice and subtle
        and that it's... It feels very like.. early 90s sounding to me? As such I got this for my alt indie rock pop punk grunge stoner shoegaze needs

For 80s hair stuff I was hoping to maybe get something later...
        Compressor and detune maybe.

This sounds pretty good though so I'm not in a hurry

Wanting to experiment with placement a little
        So far I like it right after my blues driver which is in an a/b loop switcher so I can go from light dirt with chorus to fuzz with no chorus but I might put it after the whole dirt section a/b switcher to get a wider pallet.

I need a new set of effects loop cables I dunno what happened to my last ones

Comment

For 80's hair chorus these days, I'm using a Dimension.

I prefer the SC1 to the Ensemble, but both will do the job. I like chorus because it is just "not as much" as Flange or Phase.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I love the Dimension. It doesn't sound wobbly like most chorus pedals.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

the dimension is way more than a simple chorus, but, for example, it doesn't work well for Nirvana's sound , instead is spot on on Police songs , I love it however

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                the dimension is way more than a simple chorus, but, for example, it doesn't work well for Nirvana's sound , instead is spot on on Police songs , I love it however
                I think Kurt used an EHX Small Stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

I think Kurt used an EHX Small Stone.
                  it was a Small Clone , with deep switch ON

​​​​​​

Comment

Neat trick with the CE-5 and CH-1, put a 1/4" plug in to output B but don't plug the other end in to anything, plug A in to the amp. It becomes a ring modulator. Effected signal comes out of A, dry signal comes out of B. Can get all sorts of cool sounds.

I like the CE-5 or CH-1 myself. My only chorus pedal is a TC Electronic 3rd Dimension. It's a great Dimension C clone.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      Neat trick with the CE-5 and CH-1, put a 1/4" plug in to output B but don't plug the other end in to anything, plug A in to the amp. It becomes a ring modulator. Effected signal comes out of A, dry signal comes out of B. Can get all sorts of cool sounds.

I like the CE-5 or CH-1 myself. My only chorus pedal is a TC Electronic 3rd Dimension. It's a great Dimension C clone.
                      I have seen this in demos and haven't tried it, It's still impressing me with the normal settings but I look forward to playing with that feature very much

Comment

I can appreciate the Boss Chorus's, but I also really like using a BF-2 as a chorus. Gives me more range.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Interesting that you have to dummy-plug one side. The CE-3 had a mode switch and didn't require plugging anything into the other jack for the effects to come out one side.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Interesting that you have to dummy-plug one side The CE-3 had a mode switch and didn't require plugging anything into the other jack for the effects to come out one side.
                            The CE-3 is an underrated pedal, it has a thinner sound than the CE-2 but in a band context it is undistinguishable , it costs way less and it has a sort of vibrato option in position II .
                            BTW, if you have a solder iron you can modify it to get it closer to the CE-2 or increasing the maximum speed rate for a quasi leslie sound, just a couple of components

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post

The CE-3 is an underrated pedal, it has a thinner sound than the CE-2 but in a band context it is undistinguishable , it costs way less and it has a sort of vibrato option in position II .
                              BTW, if you have a solder iron you can modify it to get it closer to the CE-2 or increasing the maximum speed rate for a quasi leslie sound, just a couple of components
                              Did not know any of that!
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X