LIKELY ISSUES WITH MODELLING AMP AND LOOPER PEDAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIKELY ISSUES WITH MODELLING AMP AND LOOPER PEDAL

I am about to buy a Lekato looper pedal as these look a lot of fun and are currently well priced new on Ebay for areasonable £35 shipped. Plus the in built tuner has received good reviews re accuracy.

My main amplifier is a Vox Valvetronic VT50 . I use the built in Chorus,Delay and Reverb effects and have a single Behinger Tube overdrive pedal (tubescreamer copy).

As I understand it when using the looper I should only use clean settings on the amp when using the looper and just use the O/D Pedal. This is due to the need for the looper to come after all the effects. Am I getting this right.

Probably will not affect my playing that much as I will still primarily use backing tracks.

And if I love the looper I will probably just buy another couple of Behringer pedals (chorus and reverb?). They are pretty cheap.

Get an amp with an effects loop, and put the looper in the loop. Or get effects from pedals instead.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Don't plan on doing any amp shopping any time soon. Will play wih the looper for a while before deciding anything..

Seems there is an allegedly "simple" mod you can do to a VT 50 Vavetronic to add a loop. This appears to involve adding a capacitor, a resistor and a ferrite bead to the head phone circuit.. Click image for larger version

Name:	vt_sim10.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	6274480 n

Comment

Well, that's one way if you can do the surgery. Another way would require a small mixer with an aux send. Either use the direct out of the amp (if it has one) to go to a mixer's channel, and put the looper in the aux send. You can then use headphones or go out to a powered speaker.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X