New old delay pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New old delay pedal

I have had a Caline copy of the mad professor Deep Blue delay and it's very warm and thick on the repeats, and a behringer dd400 copy of the DD3T that is pretty clear and pristine.

I wanted something in between warm and clear repeats, that can stack well with either one, with longer delay time than the caline which has 600 ms.

I found one with warm repeats, longer delay time 2 sec, and a bonus: it is blue.

Also it has a glitchy harmonizer. Really fun!

i REALLY like this pedal so far. In some ways it's just a delay but it's a very interesting one I think

Old Boss PS-2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240326_160156.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	6275283

i remember those, but dont think i ever played with one. normal boss digi delay with other features, right?

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty lo fi on the repeats, so I feel like it's was intended to be a normal delay but it's not one I would recommend for normal applications. It's full of digital artifacts that make repeats kinda warm but shimmery, it's very musical I think but doesn't go with most things

the harmonizer can do things like the EQD rainbow machine if you know that pedal. Hard to describe that effect!

I like to set it for perfect fifths and play major chords.
      Makes me feel like a dimensional wizard

Comment

Cool. At that time they are probably pushing the chip top its limits. Which, in your case, is a good thing!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I had a PS-2 and 3. They both do some fun glitchy sounds, although in very different ways. It can be tricky to make some of the weirder stuff work in songs, and I never had luck with the actual pitch shifting for doing pitch shifting. The dirty self oscillating delay stuff was great though.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

clear and warm still being digital ? a stock boss DD3 could fit the description

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
              clear and warm still being digital ? a stock boss DD3 could fit the description
              I feel like the behringer dd400 I have is supposed to be a copy of the dd3?
              I Like the hold function and the long delay settings.
              I've thought about getting a real dd3, maybe the dd3t.
              I like boss. The dd400 is a little noisy.

Comment

it's easy to find a used DD3 and like every boss is almost eternal

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                  it's easy to find a used DD3 and like every boss is almost eternal
                  Yeah. I do want one. Along with other pedals!

I've never owned a real wah that wasn't part of a multi fx unit, for instance.

Tremolo... I don't have a tremolo pedal.

​​​​​There's other delay pedals I probably want to try eventually lol. DL4. Boss space echo, dod rubberneck

I thought about replacing my Caline delay with a Vapor Trail.

Comment

if you want a delay pedal that does a lot of types still being good, cheap and reliable , get a used tc electronic flashback full sized, I have it and it's a workhorse.
                    that way you decide what kind of delay you like the most without compromise on quality , then you ll may want a more specific type (digital , analog, tape, modulated, ecc) and you can narrow the choices

Comment

Working...
                    X