banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to organize my cables to and from my amp to my board sugestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to organize my cables to and from my amp to my board sugestions?

Depending on the board I normally have my channel switch, a dual cable for the loop, and a cable for the input from my wah, Compressor and my Overdrive. On a couple boards, I also have the power supply cable from my bricks. Any suggestions on how to bundle the cables in a way it would be easy to make changes if need be? Some rigs I am running 15 foot of cable on others 10. Would be nice to bundle all but the last couple feet if I can.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

i use little velcro wraps for such things

Comment

Yeah, velcro, or get some plastic loom material made to bundle wires. You could also have a custom loom made with all of your connections.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Get a pedalsnake and use what you need and coil up what you don’t. Pedalsnake.com. It’s so nice to have. I have the 4-line 18-footer. I use it for guitar signal, amp footswitch (trs cable), effects loop (using their tail that splits to two connections one on line), and dc power.

Comment

I'm a fan of little black zip ties. You can just snip them with wirecutters if you need to make changes but until then they stay very securely in place. Usually get them for 2-5 cents each if you're buying in bulk.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

i do that too for more permanent setups but its a pita, and wasteful, if you need to modify things twice a week

Comment

This is the stuff that I use for setups that require many types of wire that get changed semi-frequently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	black-gardner-bender-electrical-tubing-flx-538c10-64_1000.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	6280375
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

For channel switching, 9v supply and midi I'm using a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. I built couples of breakout looms like this:

Name:	IMG_3427.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	6280594
                Image is not clear but it's a keystone connector and you just force whatever wire in the slots. For 9v I'm using 4 connectors like PoE. I'm using some heat shrink tubes to tie everything.
                Just create as much looms as you need. Pretty cheap and convenient, plus just get any Cat5 cables length you want.

Comment

Here's the side of my pedalboard, with the ethernet jack from previous post. The XLR connector can be used for TS or TRS depending how I connect under the pedalboard.

Name:	IMG_3418.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	6280597
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                    Get a pedalsnake and use what you need and coil up what you don’t. Pedalsnake.com. It’s so nice to have. I have the 4-line 18-footer. I use it for guitar signal, amp footswitch (trs cable), effects loop (using their tail that splits to two connections one on line), and dc power.
                    That's what I used with my Road King. I had a line from the few pedals in front of the amp, two effects loops in/out, DC power and still had a spare line because I was using the stereo connectors for the loops.

I would avoid zip ties, they can cut into the cables and if it's going to go bad, it will be at the worst possible time.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      Will look into that thanks.
                      Guitars
                      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Spiral Cable Wrap - 20 Ft 1/2" Spiral Wire Wrap Cord Covers Bundle Sleeve Hose for Computer Electrical Wire Organizer (1/2 Inch-20Ft) https://a.co/d/9BUOenN
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Make a snake with zip ties.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            Spiral Cable Wrap - 20 Ft 1/2" Spiral Wire Wrap Cord Covers Bundle Sleeve Hose for Computer Electrical Wire Organizer (1/2 Inch-20Ft) https://a.co/d/9BUOenN
                            I've made one with that stuff before. It's a PITA to coil up. Best use for it for a pedalsnake is lengths about 3-4" spaced apart every 18-24" along the cables. Makes it a lot easier to manage and coil up.

I have 100' of PET expanding cable wrap here that I used for a 20' snake and it coils up pretty easy.

Comment

I bundle and save at work with these all the time

And some people don't like them with a passion

I have done the same task with
                              zip ties
                              tubing
                              velcro
                              and wax cord

wax cord looks the best
                              but gets your hands messy

EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X