"Sleeper" pedal predictions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sleeper" pedal predictions....

I predict that the Seymour Duncan SFX-1 Pickup Booster ( other SD PB's ) will become a sought after tone machine in the coming future, much like a Klon pedal.

Which pedal or pedals do you think that will become sought after ? ....post'em !!!

The answer to this question lies squarely upon which pedal JHS decides to do a video about next. I'm kinda hoping the DigiTech PDS1550 goes through the roof because the paint isn't too durable and I've got probably one of the last mint ones

It's a dual HM-2 / Tubescreamer clone with a truly parametric EQ. Its worth it for the EQ alone if you ask me.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

The bad monkey

You do realise that as soon as a few people pick up on anything someone suggests in here it'll be equivalent to the JHS thing?

Comment

Any pedal that made a unique effect that most people haven't figured out a use for yet. Someone one day will find a use for it, and then everybody will want one.

Comment

My Malaysia made SD-1 should be the next off the rank. GE-7 will soon pay off our mortgage

Comment

With the shift towards modeling I think we will see less hidden gem pedals. If you have an algorithm that gets popular you will simply push it to the newest hardware.
            "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."

MLK Jr.

Comment

Algorithms don't sound the same as devices in all cases. I've kept an ADA S1000 rack delay for 40 years because I've never found another effect, hardware or digital, that can do the deep 2-octave sweep this thing does and sound just like it.

Comment

I find that the functionality of a pedal doesn't have much to do with its value. Usually it has to do with who is currently using it, or what influencer made a video about it.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

JHS just reissues the ROSS pedal line. I see the distortion going from ~$150 - $300, the Phasers are going for stupid money, already hitting $500-$600

Comment

Speaking of JHS, it's crazy to me there's still a 2 month wait on their Notaklon, which is near as generic a Klone as you can get
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      JHS just reissues the ROSS pedal line. I see the distortion going from ~$150 - $300, the Phasers are going for stupid money, already hitting $500-$600
                      I have a 1986 Ross Flanger, wasn't no where as good as a EHX Electric Mistress Flanger Deluxe.

Comment

I used to have a Ross Phaser, but a Phase 90 and Small Stone sounded better to me.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I was never crazy about ROSS modulation but I love their distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            I was never crazy about ROSS modulation but I love their distortion
                            To me, the Ross Flanger was too thin and too stale sounding .
                            Last edited by maug2122; 06-15-2024, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I don't get why Harmonic Percolator clones aren't in more demand. The easiest way to describe their sound is if you made a Fuzz Face entirely out of tubes. They are high enough gain to turn your signal into a single sound, but they have enough definition to play complex chords and still hear every note. They clean up like an amp as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X