No announcement yet.

Can't Afford A KLON.........So I Bought An EHX Soul Food Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about the Soul Food mods. It's a mostly SMT pedal, so there's only so many meaningful changes you can make to one.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I use my Soul Food as a clean boost for solos. Works great for that.
      -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post

I use it with the gain dialed back so I can stack overdrive pedals with it. Foe me, it's always on with that particular rig.
        That is what I ment by gain staging.

Comment

Not a Klon guy at all. Mosky Golden Horse was enough for me.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize_20240621_094003_3743.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	6283689

I gave this NuX clone a try after watching a comparison video and it sounds pretty cool actually.
            It's not my preferred OD of choice, but it is really nice when I need something a little different in the mix.
            I think it was like 60 bucks or so.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
              I don't know about the Soul Food mods. It's a mostly SMT pedal, so there's only so many meaningful changes you can make to one.
              You should read up on mods for the Soul Food. The Meat/3 is a combination of several mods people were doing to it.

Comment

The Soul Food was my first Klon clone. Not a bad one either. After selling that one I didn't find anything else I wanted to try for a while. Ended up with a Pedalmonsters Klone overdrive. A very good clone but their customer service is non-existent for anything. Had an issue with some squeal on one of the two I had and could not get any response from them (still haven't). Offloaded them and will never buy another product of theirs. The next came the Moskey Silver Horse. Same as the Golden Horse but with the diode clipping selection switch. Really like it. It lives at a rehearsal space on one of my boards. At the Dallas Guitar Show I picked up an Octonaut Overdrive by Intersteller Audio. Now this is what I've been looking for. Nothing fancy (other than the enclosure graphics), just a straight up clone. And it sounds fantastic. I've used it at the last 2 gigs and it's been excellent.
                Last edited by ErikH; Today, 11:08 AM.

Comment

heard very good things about the octonaut

Comment

Working...
                  X