JHS Hard Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHS Hard Drive

No, Josh isn't involved in a computer related scandal, but rather he has released his first ever original circuit not based on the topology of other circuits. I can only assume someone is going to diagram one out fairly quickly.

MODERN DISTORTION The JHS Hard Drive is the first attempt in our company’s fifteen-year history at a full-blown and respectable modern distortion pedal that is not based on a previous circuit or classic topology. In 2016, Josh had the idea to develop a circuit that covered the best high-gain distortion tones of the ’90

Looks like a generic high gain drive, it's supposed to compete with a RAT, DS-1 and Shredmaster. To be honest this is not really setting the bar too high. The videos sound pretty cool, but I've never been far enough into that market segment to consider ordering one. What are y'alls thoughts?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

I heard Ryan at 60 cycle hum play one last night
    I think I got minutes in and thought
    That's familiar

Metal Zone
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I am not seeing anything that is blowing my skirt up

Comment

Same, I watched a bunch of videos and I'm just not hearing anything that exciting. It sounds great. But not that original to my ears. I'll wait till they come down in price maybe.

Comment

Not his typical thing, but not a bad thing.

But certainly not getting on my mega-drive thread either.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yeah, the more I do the research for it, the more it seems like it's a mish mash of other circuits.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
              Yeah, the more I do the research for it, the more it seems like it's a mish mash of other circuits.
              The more I hear it it's like its a fairly non-distinct Distortion.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
              X