Pup ideas for my Carvin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup ideas for my Carvin

I have a Carvin Dc-135t with a ssh setup that I'm considering replacing. I play mainly rock including metal. For the bridge I want a hb that has a full bottom end with a lot of chunk. I would also like to have good highs for soloing. I'm considering maybe a custom sh-5 but am concerned with the brightness of that pup. My carvin is a very bright guitar with an ebony board and a neck thru swamp ash body.
    As far as the single coils go, I'm not sure what route I want to go. I don't really know that much about single coils so I'm going to need all the help I can get with those. I think I want a more bluesy pup at the neck and have no idea what I want to put in the middle spot.

Re: Pup ideas for my Carvin

Some suggestions for the bridge might be a Tone Zone just based on the fact the Carvin is a bright guitar, and the Tone Zone excells at the tone you are looking for.

If you're looking to stick with Duncans, the Custom would be ok, but the Custom 5 might be better suited for that Carvin.

Comment

what amp is this going thru? is it bright or dark or ....

Comment

Stay away from the C5 in a Carvin. I tried it in my DC127T and it was way bright and scooped. Go instead with a CC, that's what I have, couldn't be happier. As far as neck and middle, I'd go with a CR at the neck and middle, since the routs on Carvins don't give you much choice as to the shape of the singles that will fit in there. Off, the top of my head, the only singles that wil fit in there will be the Cool Rails and the Quarter Pound for strat, my choice being the CR.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

What about the hot rails, will they fit? They look about the same size and shape as the cool rails. I like that fatter tone from the hot rails. Would they sound good with the cc?

Comment

I have a dc127 and absolutely LOVE the Carvin H22 that I have in there. It has a great mellow kind of saggy sound that crunches great and also articulates well. Plus its about 55 bucks! And I think carvin has free shipping right now. Although my Dc is mahogany with a flame maple cap, I also put this pickup in my Washburn NX6 paduak that is a fairly bright sounding guitar and it sounded wonderfull in there also! Check it out.
            !

Comment

Working...
            X