Clear All

Re: Bought & had JB installed, have a question

how bout four .60's

Comment

that'll work, now to find a small philips sd

Comment

thanks for your patience and all your assistance over this small issue lol...muchly appreciate

Comment

no problem at all. let us know how ya make out

Comment

i intend to but itll be tomorrow before i will make adjustsments, its like 1 30 and i dont feel like finding all my tools heh

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!!
              yeah it is too low as jeremy mentioned... I like my JB very close to the strings. I have the (screw) polepieces raised... and less than 1mm between the strings and screw polepieces. It's a matter of taste but to low i find the JB sounds a bit thin too high some say it loose clarity...just trust your ears
              RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
              TS 7 (modded)
              Hot Rod 50+ XL
              Framus Dragon 4x12
              V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Can you raise the pickup wihtout having to change the height of the intonation screws? so basically what im asking is, once u raise the pickup to ure desired height r u good to go, or are other complementary adjustments needed as well?

Comment

that should be the only adjustment you need to make - pup height with a humbucker shouldnt effect intonation at all

... and this is a starting point only .. you can use your ears to make the final tweaks to the height ... for example, if the bass is a little too boomy, you can lower the pickup on the bass side a touch .. nothing says it has to be level ... similarly, if the treble side is a bit piercing, you can lower it some .. adjust to taste! .. and welcome to the boards
                  cheers
                  t4d
                  gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Yeah, my adjustment screws dont want to turn...lol...either way...nothigns happening

Comment

hmmm .. dunno what to say to that! .. i wonder if the tech neglected to put the springs in? ... how squirmy would you feel about removing the four screws that hold the pup ring to the guitar to have a look? if you remove them and lift the pup out, you'll be able to tell if the adjustment screws are connected to the base plate of the pup properly and if the spring was installed correctly

if not, a trip back to the tech might be in order

good luck
                      t4d
                      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

well i dont know anything about checking for these things..i just know that it will not go up any further than it already is..and its easily a quarter inch below the strings..which looks way too low..

Comment

well without the springs..it wouldn't be able to go down would it? and it will go down, it just wont come up any further than 4/16"

Comment

does the PU touch the pickguard somewhere, so that it can't get higher??
                            RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                            TS 7 (modded)
                            Hot Rod 50+ XL
                            Framus Dragon 4x12
                            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

on the treble side the material that keeps the wires covered does, it is touching the pick guard area

Comment

but the bass side doesnt, and it wont go up

Comment

Working...
                                X