Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY Review of teh Duncan 59 with Ceramic BAR

HAILS GUYS
    a friend of mine installed a new FENDER bridge on my MIJ fender stratocaster reissue 1950 and he left his 59(Ceramic bar) bridge non f spaced pickup. in teh bridge with just one 500k pot .
    man......
    The pickup delivers THE TRUE Sound of the guitar.
    it has tight(not too much, just the right amount of tight bass) Bass, a little WEAK mids and smooth overal tone. the highs and not too strong but they are good too.
    the output is Default. not too much and not less than the normal.

I guess this pickup will work better in the neck... and with MORE Mids and highs
    it is installed in the BRIDGE of my fender(alder or ash body, donīt know exactly, and 1 piece maple neck. 21 frets.)

I want to know from all of you if this Review Matches with your reviews or am i wrong?
    HAILS
    J.P
    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Well I actually triedthe ceramic 59n and to tell you the truth I wasn't al that impressed. It sounds like a hot neck humbucker. Doesn't provide the sparkly cleans really. I was a little surprised. But then I play a mahogany les paul so that'll make a difference.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I put a ceramic into a '59n and it does what you describe.
      The alnico 5 had much better cleans but with the ceramic it sounds much better under DISTORTION! More tightness, more crunch and still fat and somewhat smooth. Lead tone sounds a little hollow but you could also call it 'deep' like it's full warm and round but not completely. Chunks VERY good actually. It won't mask mistakes as easily as the JB does so you can't afford to play sloppy.

I posted a lot of how I didn't really liked it but today I found the sweet spot of this pickup! I love it! Still it has a little to much bass when compared with a JB(which I have in the bridge and will try a ceramic into it one day).
      When striking an F chord and letting it ring out it reminds me of having a block of butter melting in a wok on high fire and then pouring a little water in it. RUMBLE!!!

Comment

ok, thanks guy. I'm happy with that
        Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
        Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
        Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
        Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
        Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
        Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
        Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
        Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

yea nightburst.. i think buttery is the perfect word to describe the '59n i love it. i aint gonna change it ever.

Comment

How about a ceramic 59 in the bridge and a normal 59 in the neck? That would be cool to try I think.
            Ibanez RG1570: stock
            Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

Working...
            X