PGb or JBb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGb or JBb?

I needs some help guys. I have a Charvel Model A + Pro that has 2 Demon jrs in neck, mid positions and a Pearly Gates bridge pickup. I love the demons in these positions. The PG is a great pickup in the bridge but would like a pickup with a little more power. The clarity of the pickup is great just can't quite get the feeling with the PG. I am thinking of the JB trembucker since the guitar has a floyd on it. The amp I am using with the guitar is a Vetta 2 head and cab. I have had several Duncans before from demons to DD's but never had the JB. Keep in mind George Lynch is like my hero. Don't really want another demon and yes I like the old hair bands!! I will be playing all kinds of music and am use to emg's also, but really want to stay passive this time. If anyone needs the specs on the guitar go to jackson's site and mine looks the same as the flamed one there. Thanks all help is appriciated.
    Last edited by Krash73; 07-06-2004, 11:04 PM.

Re: PGb or JBb?

Sounds like the JB is a better match for you. The JB has higher output and
    is a bit more agressive than the PG. The PG has a bit of vintage flavor to it.
    If I was going for a George Lynch sound, I'd go with the JB.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

george lynch posted something on the old forum a bit ago saying that some of his favourite tones he got were with the JB, so if your a Lynch freak you'll proabably get along with it quite well
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Way back in the old days with Dokken he was using a Duncan Distortion, that's another possibility.
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Yeah.. JB has the ouput and it has this razor edge...;P

Comment

Working...
          X