Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Perfect Circle / Tool

Paper Soul,

I never bought a C type cause neither the JB nor DD had enough low mid for me. Assuming C types and JB/DD type are both wound with #43 how could the C type have more low mids. I can only imagine that the JB frequencies below 400Hz were to pronounced and took away from the mids and that's why you like it better. I understand what you are looking for and the Fillmore's are close but I think I can steer you better.

Don't be afraid of these numbers cause typically with numbers this high we're looking at #43 wire and some of these I'm familiar with. DiMarzio Steve Morse 10 & 20k nails "The Hollow" man that's probably what that guy's using.

Mighty Mite Mother Bucker is 22k and cheap.

Bill Laurence's son is now making like a 24k.

A Steve Morse set just went on eBay for $50. I wasn't holding out on you, it didn't come to me till I read your last post.

High Z #43 is my recommendation cause you like Ty's tone. APC dude, Morse is it.

Tool 10 to 11k #42 A5. Who makes that? I found a 10.2 on eBay cheap with a ceramic, low mids past JB only sacrificing a little off the highs.
    Me and Neal's stage rig.

What's the High Z #43??

Anyway, thanks!!! I actually think the BB Pro may be coming out of my Les Paul and I may be installing the C-5. I am really liking the clarity of the BB Pro bridge but want a touch more grunt and fullness. I sence that in the C-5 when I play it in my Dean Evo.

Comment

What's the High Z #43??

Anyway, thanks!!! I actually think the BB Pro may be coming out of my Les Paul and I may be installing the C-5. I am really liking the clarity of the BB Pro bridge but want a touch more grunt and fullness. I sence that in the C-5 when I play it in my Dean Evo.

What's a good Steve Morse CD???? I don't have any.

Any recommendations on King's X CDs? I am embarrassed to say I have non of these also.....but I have heard quite a few of their songs.

The thing about the Fillmore is it comes sooooooo recomended for the style I am after. The thing is, I also need thick palm muted tones and I am also looking at the C-5 because I love the PAF qualities of the BB Pro, but want to take it up a notch.

I could never get that into the Allman brothers.....but would definitely listen to some King's X and Morse.
      Last edited by papersoul; 03-23-2004, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Quote by Paper Soul "or the HERC bridge for my les" What's a HERC? Needed to ask before I forgot

Most of us have meters that read DC resistance (R), impedance (Z) is proper in respect to inductors (pickups). Impedance measurements require a Wheatstone bridge or signal generator and amp meter. The latter is how the reso peak is found.

High Z = High DC resistance

Seymour and DiMarzio have been nice enough to provide us with this reference value so we'd have something to go on comparing pickups.

They probably took a lot of flak from the electronic community for doing it.

When I was a kid if I said DC resistance (in respect to an inductor) in front of my father or uncle, I was reprimanded, in EE school laughed at.

Morse was using those pickups mid 80s to mid 90s. Any Dixie Dregs are good though, but those pickups came after the 4 pickup (6 coils) tele, so if you looking for those Morse pickups, avoid pics of the Tele on the cover.

King's X: Faith, Hope, Love and Gretchen are my fav's.

I don't care if you like the ABB or not. If you want to know what Fillmore's sound like before you plunk down $265 buy the Fillmore East CD.

Later Dude
        Chuck
        Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

Chuck, the Herc is another Wagner pickup. High output like the Distortion.

Comment

Working...
          X