I've experienced a "Blackout"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I've experienced a "Blackout"!

Well, the HZ H4 is pretty... HORRENDOUSLY BAD ! It sounds really bad, and now he's got the best of the best... maybe except Bare Knuckle... However they're more expensive... ARGH ! Tough decision !

Comment

Originally posted by eternal_metalhead View Post
      ARGH ! Tough decision !
      You'll have a really hard time choosing.....and so do I.......
      Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

I'm on the Miracle Man / Cold Sweat combo or this... The blackouts are a little cheaper here in Canada.

Comment

Well, the HZ H4 is pretty... HORRENDOUSLY BAD ! It sounds really bad, and now he's got the best of the best... maybe except Bare Knuckle... However they're more expensive... ARGH ! Tough decision !
          No, I don't work for Seymour Duncan. I have friends in high places.
          I've installed BareKnuckles pickups for some people and I must say, they aren't all that. I installed the 7-string Warpig set on a Carvin DC727 and although it was an improvement from the stock pups, I found them to be rather dark and muddy. I also installed a set of Mule pups and found them to be rather compressed and thin. My friend was much happier with a Duncan Custom for the bridge and a Full Shred in the neck.

Trust me when I say the Blackouts are superior in every way. I played the Blackout 7-string pup and it was even better than my EMG-707 I have in there.
          Last edited by Darth Nihilus; 06-04-2007, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Well, you still are the only one iin the world to say that... and if it was in a mahogany guitar, it's quite normal, Warpigs have a tremendous amount of fat bass... I prefer the tightness of the Miracle Man.

Comment

Well, you still are the only one iin the world to say that... and if it was in a mahogany guitar, it's quite normal, Warpigs have a tremendous amount of fat bass... I prefer the tightness of the Miracle Man.
              I think for what they are, they are good. But the people who buy them will hype them up to feel better themselves since they are so expensive.

They're probably great, but they're nothing special, really, just pickups. People make a bigger deal out of them than I've been able to figure out.

Comment

I really liked the sound people are getting with the Miracle Man and the Blackouts seem to have some great characteristics if you pay attention to the clip. It really IS a tough decision for me.......

I was looking at the Adder Plus Persuader Lead Custom too. It's very punchy (that punch from the Blackout clip reminded it to me) but a little too smooth. Like JB's smoothness. I'd like something more rough.
                Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Hehe, looks like we have similar tastes.

Comment

Nah, it had a Maple neck and Alder wings. I thought they suck.

Comment

Hehe, looks like we have similar tastes.
                      Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Do the blackouts have more "tone", if you know what I mean ? More character...

Comment

they are supposed to have like 10% percent more tone, so i guess more organic less sterile, and warmer.

Comment

The “other” USA-made active humbuckers use unbalanced inputs in a differential preamp. The problem is, an unbalanced differential preamp is not very effective at cancelling hum. Our engineers figured out how to capture the tone that players want in an active design, but using balanced inputs. The result is 12dB to 14dB less noise, plus more lows, more highs, and more output. Simply put, Blackouts have more tone than other active pickups.

Comment

But more lows and highs don't mean tone... I mean being more organic, fluid, crunchy not fizzy, raw and soft at the same time. It's a little complicated to explain.

Comment

tone usually is, its an ear thing i guess

Comment

Working...
                                X