humbucker recomendation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbucker recomendation needed

alright... first off i already have a jb in my ibanez so was looking for something differen't for another one of my guitars. it's a peavey firenza in drop c. Basswood body, rosewood neck, and fix bridge. It's a H-S-S and i am looking to change the humbucker.

the guitar is used for playing/sounding like thrice i was thinking a dimarzio super distortion or a duncan distortion but am open to anything.

fire away
    Last edited by Chi3f; 07-09-2004, 06:37 AM.
    boreddddddddddd

Re: humbucker recomendation needed

You might want to try the JB in the Peavey, if you like how it sounds in the Ibanez, as they tend to sound different in various guitars. Otherwise, the Custom or Distortion would be good for the sound you're after.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

It depends on which sound you are after. It seems from your suggetions that you like distorted sounds. The only problem I see with this type of pickups it is that the high output makes them very difficult to balance with the single coils. But it depends on which single coils you have or if the are really sigles or sigle sized humbuckers.

If you consider spliting the humbucker the JB has a reasonable usable tone that will balance the single coils. If you want a trully balance humbucker then you should go for a 59', PG, APII type of output but it seems they are far from what you are thinking of.

Comment

a custom would handle drop C well with a load of clarity. dunno about a thrice tone though i havent heard them
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

The one guitarist of Thrice is using a JB or a super distortion in a LP ,right? JB is perfect for "fast modern" music. I didn't liked the custom so much for this but maybe just me...
          RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
          TS 7 (modded)
          Hot Rod 50+ XL
          Framus Dragon 4x12
          V-AMP II for practice

Comment

yea he is using on of each in that video somebody posted.
            boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
            X