need a good single coil mid position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a good single coil mid position

today i have finally come to the conclusion i need a new single coil to go in between my JB and my Jazz on my ibanez. The stock single isn't even close to the output of the JB or the Jazz. what is the best single for the job?

the ibanez is an rg-550 basswood with a maple neck. floating bridge. stainless steel pickguard

i checked out the "tone wizard" and it said SSL-5 Custom Staggered or SSL-4 Quarter-Pound Flat but i want to know what you guys like. I can't tell anything from the hear it section.

at the moment i like the thought of a flat topped single so i don't hit the poles with my pick while i play.

edit- since i am big into the sound of humbuckers would a mini humbucker be a good idea?
    boreddddddddddd

Re: need a good single coil mid position

somebody must have a good middle pickup recomendation?
    boreddddddddddd

Comment

I did a lot of research into the same type of thing and decided on getting a ssl5 custom staggered.

So im either going with that or the flat version ssl6...either are great middle pickups i think...from all my research anyway.
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

theres something about that ssl-4 being nice and flat on top that just makes me crave it
        boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
        X