Good neck pickup match for CC/A-2/bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good neck pickup match for CC/A-2/bridge

I am going to replace the neck pickup in one of my hotrod strats that has a CC/ with an a-2 magnet.

What would be a good neck pickup ro match sound and ouput wise so there isn't a noticeable volume dropout or increase when switchin between bridge to neck?

Re: Good neck pickup match for CC/A-2/bridge

Someone recommended a Pearly Gates to me when I had a CC in my strat. They both use alnico 2 magnets. I'm not sure about the output level. Can anyone back me up on that?

Comment

I have a double fat strat loaded with a CC at the bridge. I've had both the PG and the APH II in the neck to match it. Both sound great, and have no balance issues at all. The APH was a slightly louder pup (set at the same height) as the PG, but my belief is that's due to it's clarity over the PG.

I like the APH II best in the neck...but that's just my flavor. Any of SD's neck pups should balance fine with a little adjusting..even a DD. What sound are you looking for?
      My Sound Clips

Comment

I like the tone that I get in my ernie ball axis neck pickup, I know that is a Dimarzio but I am just using that as a reference example. The guitar I am putting this in is a custom alder bodied hot rod strat with an all maple neck. I needed the CC with an A-2 to warm it up enough because the alder is bright. I thought the CC/A-2 was pretty close to my Axis P/Up's just shy some output. The APHII sounds like a good one to try. I like the Petrucci/ Marty Friedman neck P/U tone. I know Pertrucci's is an air norton but I would prefer to stick with Seymours in this guitar.

Thanks for your suggestions is save me from a wild goose chase matching things up.

Comment

With the CC, I like the APH at the neck. Both have good output and complimentary eq curves, so that your amp settings will sound good with the neck and bridge pickups.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
          X