new single coils for my strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new single coils for my strat?

I've had the stock pickups in my strat for way too long. I've tried lots of different wiring options, but nothing seems to warm them up. Any suggestions for new pups. I'm looking for something to warm up the guitar and lose the "icepick" tone. Should I go for high or low output? I'm not married to one brand name, I could go for SD, Rio Grande, Fender Custom Shop, etc. Additionally, I'd rather not spend a ton of cash. Thanks for your opinions.

Re: new single coils for my strat?

APS-2's will warm up any guitar. That is, if you're going for vintage tone. If you want something different, try the SSL-3, SSL-5, SSL-6 and the QPs.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Re: new single coils for my strat?

any ssl is quality! for warmth though, id go with beandip's suggestion. Ants and ant II's are too expensive, but i couldn't help myself and bought a set of surfers! Small case of GAS....
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Working...
      X