Got My Crazy 8 Today!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Got My Crazy 8 Today!!!!

I find it's best to wait until the honeymoon period is over before I publicly share my thoughts regarding a pickup, guitar, amp, or even a new album.

I don't know why I'm so excited for this thing to come in - I have nothing to put it in right now. Maybe UPS will stop by tonight.
    Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

mine is on the truck for delivery.

the way to track it is:

go to UPS.com
      click on tracking (at the top)
      click on "Track by Reference"
      enter your order number in the reference box
      enter your country
      enter your postal code
      click on "I agree to these terms"
      click track

it'll show you where it is ... if it's been shipped
      -Greg

Guitars:
      2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
      2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
      2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
      Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I think it is a great pickup in general and when double tracked with a JB (or the distortion) the resulting sound is HUGE with just a little EQ. Of the 3 pups i had in the gtr on Sat I like the JB best (first time finally getting around to trying a JB) and really liked aspects of both the distortion and the C8. I just know exactly what I'm looking for in my own tone and the C8 wasn't quite it although i can totally hear what it is good for and why others might find it to be what they have been searching for.

I liked it better than the custom, custom5, and '59 that I have had in the same guitar. All great pickups but not quite perfect for the gtr. I had the JB working hard at practice sunday and I absolutely love it so far but there is still a little something missing that may just push me into ordering the Warren D custom shop pup to see if that has that last little bit of something I'm looking for.

Then again that last little something could be a figment of my imagination as I have been chasing it for 23 yrs!
        --------------------------------------------------------
        "Have a good time .... all the time. That's my philosophy Marty."
        Viv Savage 1980

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
          mine is on the truck for delivery.

the way to track it is:

go to UPS.com
          click on tracking (at the top)
          click on "Track by Reference"
          enter your order number in the reference box
          enter your country
          enter your postal code
          click on "I agree to these terms"
          click track

it'll show you where it is ... if it's been shipped

Awesome, man. Mine is apparently out for delivery, too!
          Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Mine is HERE! Now I just have to find the time to install it, along with wiring tips for installation.

Band practice in 40 minutes, so it won't be tonight.

Right now, it will be matched with a Phat Cat(n) in my Ibie semi-hollowbody. I want to wire it to split with the PC in the mid position.

Also, it looks like I'll have to use the dental floss trick and pull the controls through the pickup cavity to get to them.
            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Got mine today...will try to install it tonight!
              2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
              1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

so, I'm waiting here for my pickup. UPS passed yesterday at 6:00 pm. So I wait till 6. well I just checked tracking and it said it was delivered ... TO THE FRONT DESK!!! and naturally, the office is closed and I have to wait until tomorrow to get it. no one told me it was delivered AT 3:00 TO THE FRONT DESK.

needless to say, I'm a little pissed.
                -Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

That sucks skyy! I hate when that happens.

Comment

I had trouble ordering mine, hopefully it all get's sorted out.
                    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Of all days for UPS to come by my place before 6:00 PM...

So I called and picked it up. I opened it up before I even left the parking lot. Too cool. I got that same giddy feeling that I get when buying a new piece of gear.

I have nothing to put it in, though, unless I temporarily toss it in the SG or the LP. I may do that tonight, time permitting.

Comment

Got mine yesterday. Probably won't get them in until this weekend, though.
                        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Got My Invoice 2day.....Hopefully the Pickup'll be soon!!!!

~Mitch~
                          Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

Mine came yesterday, now I have to decide which guitar I want to put it in.

Comment

After hearing the descriptions, I think I'll pass on the crazy 8. I don't need that much juice. Eq sounds nice, but it has too much jolt for my tastes. I likey lower powered pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Scott View Post
                                After hearing the descriptions, I think I'll pass on the crazy 8. I don't need that much juice. Eq sounds nice, but it has too much jolt for my tastes. I likey lower powered pickups.

I Hear Ya on that.....But I just Couldn't Resist A "Forum Special" Pickup...Especially Seeing As I Was Not Here For The Brobucker....Although I WILL Be getting One Soon Enough!!

~Mitch~
                                Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

Working...
                                X